the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

Post by Jonesy »

Oh I thought I heard movement in here ;)
So very lovely to see everyone and I am glad of the company.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Hey there, Oceantide, Jonesy! Hope this turns into a relatively smooth week for you both. Sorry your daughter's having a rough time, Oceantide.

I'm still rather messed up from previously mentioned phone call and am glad for a soft place to land here. It's a comforting thought that spring is coming before too much longer. I've the remnants of a small cup of coffee beside me in 3D. I need another one and will brew it in a moment. And grab some yogurt or oatmeal. Hoping to rebalance today and land on my feet but it's nice to see y'all and to pause together.
tabby

Post by tabby »

Hi all! :D I've missed this place. This last while has been
fuzzy and stuff. Got through the pandemic unscathed tho.
Idk what to even post about, but I hope to.
tabby ... Just keep your head above... Swim
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Welcome back, tabby. It's nice to see you again. You can post whatever you want. We'll be here to listen.

With care,
Serenity
still_standing

Post by still_standing »

Hello again...
Got to thinking that here may be the only place that ppl might understand why I hurt...
My whole childhood family is dead now....
They all hurt me and all died one by one.
And yet I'm still hurting in the loss of each of them.
So much like a final blow.

Hope for peaceful days ahead, for you and me...

Lovingly
~still
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

Dear still_standing,

Nice to hear from you and I’m sorry about the challenging situation. I haven’t lost my family members to death yet but think I understand. I felt so deeply trauma bonded to my siblings when we were young, and was codependent with my parents, but all of them hurt me as well. Yet if they were to die (my siblings, anyway) I would feel the lost love I think. Although we’re already estranged so in some ways I’ve already mourned their deaths.

Take care, Oceantide
still_standing

Post by still_standing »

Thank you,
I appreciate your thoughtful response.
I had morned the lost relationships prior to any of their (5) passing... this feels more like the ending of my family as a whole.
I do feel better having expressed what I have been feeling
Here, in this safe place.
Thankful isurvive is still here, holding a place for me... even years later. And seeing my posts remaining here, and my art at the Cafe press, as well... just so comforting.
Thank you so very much, more than words.
Lovingly,
~still
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

Yes, still_standing, I also really cherish the safety of this place to express ourselves. I'm so glad that seeing your past words and art here, and expressing your current feelings, is comforting to you. Lovely to hear from you and sending you gentle wishes of care and peace, Oceantide
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Welcome back still_standing, it is lovely to see you here. :) Echoing Oceantide's wise and kind words, too.

Setting out some pots of tea, some hot coffee, and teacups and mugs. Glasses of still fresh water, too. Help yourself to your favourite - I'll take some jasmine tea in a pretty cup painted with gold patterns and pink roses. Sitting back in a plush soft sofa, happy to be quietly and peacefully here.
still_standing

Post by still_standing »

Thak you dancing fish,

I'll have a big mug of chai w vanilla cream. Just hot enough to be soothing. I'll curl up in an over-sized recliners with a fuzzy blanket and read a book. The velveteen rabbit will be just right for today, I think.

Oh, here's a small, sweet, old dog coming up to join me. Her fur over grows her face so you can barely see her eyes. I'll help her tuck in my lap and share my blanket with her. Comforting to have unconditional acceptance and closeness without fear. No conversation or expectations between us. She's so warm and sweet and now softly snoring. Awww. Now back to my book...

Lovingly
~still