Telling others.

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Scarlett

Telling others.

Post by Scarlett »

I know I'm still a newbie here, but I am happy to share with you all that coming here is a big step for me. I've been fully acknowledging my CPA and PTSD since 2011. But it was just before a big move this past summer that my brain decided it was ready to acknowledge,the SA and EA too. Way to go brain! Lol. Telling people has been a thing lately. Close family and friends know. i even talked to my mother...she did what an EA mother would do but i toldher so i did my part. I asked a prayer group to pray for my family. I didn't get into it too much but I am hoping that in time I will meet more ladies I can trust to share that with. BIG step. The silence is broken. I am also beginning to work on getting things I've written about my abuse published which before I think I was too afraid. This is a year of firsts. Thank you all for being a part of that.
WhaleSinger

Re: Telling others.

Post by WhaleSinger »

Hi Scarlett,

High Five to you! Telling people, even your mother, wow! and writing about it, too. Way to go. Be gentle with yourself (I remind myself of that daily, too).

I'm also new here, and just coming out of the closet. Actually, when I think about it, I've been telling people all along, but for some reason lately I seem to be getting more of the right kind of support.

I find support in meditation groups often. People who are willing to sit on a pillow to find inner peace usually have a very good reason for wanting to do that. They are often gentle, kind people who have been through a lot themselves.

My prayers are with you, and wishing you a beautiful rest of the year of firsts..

- WhaleSinger
Scarlett

Post by Scarlett »

Thank you! I know of yoga groups but not sure of any med groups in the area will have to check it out. Thank you so much Whale singer!
Flicker

Post by Flicker »

Scarlett,
That is really good news. I have been sharing more too, and it's always scary at first, and then a relief after because my friends are very supportive. I find yoga groups to be very helpful...studios rather than gyms tend to have the kind of atmosphere that helps with my healing.
High five to you!
Flicker
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Scarlett

I have been muddling around about telling family but have told a few others
Thank you for sharing
I feel a little more hopeful for myself

Fantastic that you are writing, aim to publish
The more survivors who tell it like it is the more likely for society to understand and be aware
(ideally stamp out every form of abuse)

Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
wings

Post by wings »

Hi Scarlett,

This is so fantastic. Well done.
i even talked to my mother...she did what an EA mother would do but i toldher so i did my part.
Wow! This takes so much bravery and acceptance. To tell, to get some form of negative response and, most importantly, to realise that that is the other person's problem, not ours: to challenge all of those negative internal beliefs and decide to stand up for ourselves anyway, especially to a parent - that's just huge for a survivor.

Very happy for you.
Unbreakable_Heart

Post by Unbreakable_Heart »

Scarlett all I can say is how brave you are. Talking about it is never an easy thing but the fact you were able to talk to your EA mother is really something to be proud of. It makes me hopeful that one day I'll be able to do the same.
Also I'm seconding the meditation groups. I have found a lot of these people have went through something that makes them want to try to find peace.
Congratulations and wishing you the best of luck.

EDITED: To change the trigger indicator