I got a job!!!!!

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

mermaid

I got a job!!!!!

Post by mermaid »

Well the last few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind. On a fluke I sent my resume in (had been applying other places as well) to a residential care facility that helps women who have gone through trauma, addictions, eating disorders and other things.

Anyway emailed the resume in the am, got a call that afternoon about a group interview the following week, and by the end of the week had a preliminary offer, pending background and references check. The following week I received an official offer with a day set up to come in and do paperwork, and then the hustle began, getting fingerprinted, drug screen, transcripts together. That was last week. I had orientation on Monday and start training tomorrow :).

Really nervous but excited too. Am afraid some of the aspects will be triggering, especially the eating disorders and the trauma. But somehow I feel like I can relate and help these women. Trying to think good thoughts and come up with alternatives if I get triggered.

mermaid
misc

Re: I got a job!!!!!

Post by misc »

mermaid, well done you.

you should be so proud of yourself.
all I have ever done for work is care for others, elderly, children and adults with learning difficulties and complex needs.. I love it.
I have been in treatment for most of my life for anorexia, self harm to name a few. meeting some wonderful people on the way. I don't know if this will help or if you feel the same but I can give other people with these problems all the support and right words of wisdom, even though I don't seem to take on the same advice myself.
I find it easier to give all the right words to others even if they were skinnier than me, better than me and I felt jealous.

with all your knowledge and life experience you will so valuble and be able to help others.
don't ever doubt yourself, if things get to close to home with your own experiences you must talk to someone to off load..

be strong, be yourself..
you can do this.
let us know how it goes.
safe hugs.
misc..
I will surprise myself and others and get through another day..

Diversity is one thing we all have in common..celebrate it every day..
turtle

Post by turtle »

mermaid,

congratulations! I think your experiences can be used to help others. I'm excited for you.

turtle
Something woke up in me that day and I realized I had to come out of my shell...and live to my full potential.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Big congrats mermaid,

You worked hard and it has paid off. This is the good result of that hard work. So pleased you have meaningful work ahead. Please take good care of yourself.

with all respect and delight,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Oh mermaid, this is fabulous news indeed!
I have a sneaky suspicion you are going to be awesome... Good luck
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Well done Mermaid, im sure you will flourish in this new role and challenge in your life. Congrats on the new job.

Icarus
We're tin hard, but we rattle when we're shaken.....

(Member since 31st May 2008. 503 previous posts)
River

Post by River »

Mermaid, that is fantastic!!!!!!!!!I am so happy for you. That calls for the "happy dance." I know you only had a few days there....but hows it going so far? Wish you all the best!

River
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It is turning out to be a bit more difficult than i thought. might be dropping in a bit more for support. So many with stories similar to ours, so sad. But I am trying to adapt and compartmentalize. So far is going OK. I'm a bit exhausted, as I have worked more than planned this week. Am pretty convinced I will probably stay prn for awhile. Hope all is well with you. Thanks again for all the good wishes and support.
mermaid
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

mermaid,

Who better than you to help those in treatment who are hurting like you did? This is a testament to your progress. Congratulations,

Harmony
mermaid

Post by mermaid »

Thanks Harmony;
I think what scares me the most is far I still have to go with myself, and I don't want to get setback with my own recovery and healing while helping others. My t said it's an experiment. If it goes well it's awesome, if not then we know and work from there.
Still have that big part of me that is afraid of failing.
Again thanks for the support.
mermaid