the TAT program

This is a place to discuss grounding techniques and self-care strategies.

Moderator: Jonesy

Scars

the TAT program

Post by Scars »

What is the Tapas Acupressure Technique ®(TAT ®)?

TAT is part of a larger family of mind-body healing techniques collectively known as Energy Psychology. Research suggests that TAT can be effective in treating stress, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, & Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).

Healing Adverse Childhood Experiences with the TAT Program

Pairing TAT with the original CDC-Kaiser ACE Study is what makes the Healing ACEs with the TAT Program so powerfully effective. The beauty of this program is that it creates an over-time healing experience that allows you to include the stress and anxiety of today while also healing the pain and trauma of yesterday.

You can experience immediate relief from anxiety, stress, fear, worry, and trauma using the Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT) in the privacy of your own home.

The Tapas Acupressure Technique combines holding acupressure points on your head and going through a series of 9 statements. It takes approximately 20 minutes to do. With TAT you can heal without reliving anything, talking about it, digging for core issues or figuring anything out. You can literally just sit back, relax, and heal.

The intention -- safe and easy healing
Step 1: The Problem -- the issue/trauma/experience/pain that you are working on in the session. (putting it in the pot)
Step 2: The Opposite Condition -- Removing the emotional connection to “The Problem” and accepting that it's over.
Step 3: The Places -- All of the “places” ie: mind, body, & life where “The Problem” has been stuck or stored
Step 4: The Origins -- All of the places where “The Problem” originated are included in the healing
Step 5: Forgiveness -- Giving and accepting forgiveness for everyone involved in “The Problem” including God (or whatever name you choose, if at all) and yourself
Step 6: All the Parts involved -- All of the physical, mental, and emotional “parts” of you involved in “The Problem”
Step 7: Everything that's left -- Anything left about “The Problem” that still needs attention
Step 8: I Choose -- Positive affirmations about what you want in the here and now
Step 9: Integration -- Integrating and allowing/accepting the process

As a result of doing TAT you can experience:
• Self confidence - Loving yourself, respecting yourself, having strong boundaries
• Ability to look for a solution instead of being controlled by a problem
• Being proactive instead of reactive
• Ability to not let a bad 5 minutes ruin a whole day
• Ability to understand another person's situation without taking their actions personally
• No longer thinking from the perspective of a victim
• Self awareness - healing your issues instead of blaming other people
• Being able to identify a negative mindset or reaction and correct it immediately
• Being able to focus on what you want and create it

I had never heard of this until 10 days ago. I had my first TAT session last Monday and it really helped.
just wanted to share,
<3 scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
gods_child

Re: the TAT program

Post by gods_child »

Scars,
Thanks so much for sharing this. I've never heard of TAT. Are you still doing it? Does it still help? -gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts