Finally Tackling Family Finances

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

gods_child

Finally Tackling Family Finances

Post by gods_child »

I've been a bit quiet for a while so I decided I'd step back into the mix by posting something positive. I know this may sound trivial to some people, but I am currently working through spreadsheets of my family's finances. I haven't been as hands-on with them since I was "in crisis" last year. I've pointed out things here & there, watched charges come in, and seen things get paid. But, I didn't do much with managing funds to make sure we have what we need at the end of the month. It's an understatement to say our finances are ugly and in dire need of correction. Today is the day I have finally been able to take steps towards getting a grip on what's been going on and figuring out how to move forward. I'm taking it bit by bit. I just thought I'd share my small win since I'm not exactly in a good place life-wise. - gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Redefined

Re: Finally Tackling Family Finances

Post by Redefined »

Such a big hurdle and awesome news.
I understand your victory as such. Avictory!
Good job
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Thanks, Redefined! It's really hard to cheer myself on.
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

gods_child, heck yeah (as my kids say), it's definitely a big deal. I get how big it is from personal experience! Heck yeah!!!
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Thanks, Oceantide! I am trying. I kind of slumped down again and let a lot of things go. I'm poking my head up again to keep things in order. I think I'm even more anxious because my finances may undergo a drastic shift at some point. I smiled at your reply. All I can do is try.

Psst, Redefined, your reply made me smile as well!

-gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts