A beautiful experience I wanted to share

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Redisfinallyfree

A beautiful experience I wanted to share

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

After my last post a few seconds ago, this beautiful memory popped into my head and I want to share the joy and beauty here.

It was a few years ago when I was in the middle of my nightmare recovery from my back injury and reliving all of my worst memories and feeling all of the emotions and thinking all of the thoughts that I was not allowed to feel or think when they happened. It was a horrifically painful, lonely, and very, very dark time for me. My yard has a lot of flowering plants but we don’t get a lot of butterflies. But that year, it was like there was a wind super-highway for butterflies running from the back of my yard to the front of my yard and continuing out of sight over the neighboring houses across the street and beyond. There were thousands of medium sized pinkish butterflies passing through my own back yard every day for most of a week!
If you’ve seen the movie “Finding Nemo”, it was like the “EAC, Dude!” It did not seem to be windy in the rest of the yard but the butterflies were swept along like rush hour traffic on a highway. It was so incredibly peaceful and comforting to watch them. I think I remember someone telling me that this phenomenon made it into the local news. I hope you can imagine it for yourself and feel peaceful too.

Redisfinallyfree
Scars

Re: A beautiful experience I wanted to share

Post by Scars »

dear Redisfinallyfree,

thanks for sharing
scars
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.