It's been awhile

This is a place for old members to come and share how their healing journeys have progressed.
Its also a place for those members to reconnect and share their experiences.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

grandma in pain

It's been awhile

Post by grandma in pain »

I've popped in here and there over the years just to say hi, but now I'm feeling that need to come back for help, support and understanding, just like I did all those years ago. Of course I've had my ups and downs that life happens to bring along the way, and have dealt with depression that comes up even though I'm on medication. But recently I have been finding myself just needing this group again. And yes, it's all because of my abuser...my mother.

She's 83 years old now, and it always boggles my mind as to why the terrible, abusive ones seem to last so long. I first came here in 2008 because I became desperate to find SOMETHING. Something to help ease the pain and help me find some kind of inner peace and strength, if possible. I searched and searched online as I cried so badly that night. Then I found this site. I found hope, support, and most of all, understanding. I became a longtime regular who was on here pretty frequently and in the chat room often.

By the way, for any of you who remember me from back then and during those few years, when I first joined one of my daughter's was expecting my 5th grandchild. Well, now my 15th grandchild is due in November ❤️

I hope that I decide to stick around for awhile again because I know that I need it. I need all of you to lean on and listen to me whenever you can
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: It's been awhile

Post by Jonesy »

Hi grandma in pain

Lovely to see your name, but sorry things with your mum are causing issues.
A warm welcome back ;)

ps congrats on all those beautiful grandkids
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Yes grandmainpain,

I remember you. There are few of us old-timers around. Happy to add that I am a grandma too. Whatever your reason for visiting we send you welcome back. Sitting here with a listening ear.

Harmony
grandma in pain

Post by grandma in pain »

Harmony, congratulations on being a grandma! There's nothing quite like it, and for me, there's nothing better 🙂
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)