Favorite recipes

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

honeybera

Re: Favorite recipes

Post by honeybera »

Hi there everybody! :mrgreen:

I have about a million recipes that I'd love to share, but they are all keto inspired. I don't do any sugar, but some recipes are "sweet". Some are savory. Most are dead simple! Jonesy said to share them on here. Would anyone be interested? I've been on low carb since 2007 and keto since 2017. I have a LOT of recipes!

Honeybera
honeybera

Post by honeybera »

Hi Jonesy...no takers? Oh well. I tried.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Please post your recipes!
Chessgirl
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Hey honeybera, I'm just a bit slow at replying at the moment but would love to see some of your recipes. :D I'm not full-keto, but I've found an overall lower carb/sugar diet works well for me. So a few of those things in my main meals is okay, but "treats" and desserts that are nearly no-carb seem to balance out nicely. (This might also be motivated by the fact that almond flour is 20x the cost of normal flour here, so I use it sparingly. ;))

On that note, I'd like to request one of your lovely muffin recipes! :D When you have a moment, and if you feel like sharing it though, no pressure. :)
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Yes for sure honeybera. No sugar options are always a great alternative and if you have tried and true recipes we would love some shared ideas and recipes
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
honeybera

Post by honeybera »

Best Ever Cheesy Cauliflower
• Fresh Cauliflower to fill bowl
• Ragu Double Cheddar ¼-½ cup to taste
• 4 T Cream Cheese, Onion-Chive, whipped OR
4 T. Cream Cheese, whipped and add tiny bit of dried onion and dried chives
• Garlic Powder, shaken over top lightly
• S & P
• 1-2 T. butter

Place all ingredients in microwavable and vented glass bowl, or cover bowl with Glad.
Microwave for approx. 5 min. Stir well & mash. Microwave for at least 6 min. more.
Allow to sit for a while more. EAT!!
The cheese will “burn” slightly, leaving a crustiness and yumminess that is HEAVENLY!!

[Can also top with a handful of full fat shredded cheese, pop uncovered into a 450ºF oven for about 15-20 min (talk about a slight "burn"!) or until bubbly.]

[Have as a side dish with pork chops/steaks, chicken (fried with crispy skin), fork tender beef roast (without potatoes), or keto style meatloaf.]

Want to know how to make pan dripping Country Gravy to serve over the meat? Here's one way:

Keto Country Gravy

(Honeybera's "SIMPLE" recipe: 1½ c. HWC + 1T. pan drippings or butter + S&P/simmer on low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.)

Simple and simply awesome!
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter OR pan drippings
¼ teaspoon xanthan (if needed) OR
1-2 t. potato starch in 1/3 c. water (slurry) + 1t. Better Than Bouillon
Salt & pepper to taste
Heat cream in skillet after cooking meat until soft simmer; add salt and pepper. Reduce cream by half and until it thickens. Stir in butter and continue to whisk, if extra thickness is desired sprinkle xanthan or potato starch slurry over mixture and quickly stir and cook an additional minute or so. Makes about two servings.

www dot ketoforreallifepeople dot com

And here's another one for Country Gravy:

CREAM GRAVY

4 T. = ¼ cup
16 T = 1 cup
8 oz. cream cheese = one block

Quick and easy, this low carb cream gravy is rich and delicious. Spoon it over meats, poultry, mashed cauliflower, or low carb biscuits for a delicious liquid fat bomb! Using heavy cream will likely bring the carb count down to 0.

SERVES 2.
• 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
• 1 tablespoon bacon fat or schmaltz (chicken)
• 1/4 cup water or stock
• 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo, mashed – optional
• Pepper
• Salt , as needed
1. Heat the cream and cream cheese up with the bacon fat, whisking until smooth with silicon ball whisk.
2. Add a little water as needed to get the right consistency. (Add ground beef or sausage, if desired)
3. Stir in a little mashed chipotle in adobo if desired.
4. Taste and adjust salt and/or other seasonings.
5. Add a liberal amount of fresh ground black pepper.

Calories 107 Calories from Fat 99 Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 5g Total Carbohydrates: 0g = ¼ c. gravy

www dot lowcarb-ology dot com/low-carb-cream-gravy/

SERVES 6
• 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
• 3 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
• 3 tablespoon bacon fat or chicken fat, and/or butter
• ¾ cup water or stock
• 1 T. chipotle in adobo, mashed - optional
• Pepper
• Salt , as needed

SERVES 16

• 16 tablespoons cream (1 cup)
• 8 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature (1 block)
• 8 tablespoon bacon fat or chicken fat, and/or butter (½ c.)
• 2 cup water or stock
• 8 teaspoon chipotle in adobo, mashed - optional
• Pepper
• Salt , as needed

Want Fauxtatoes (Mashed Cauliflower) to go with that gravy? There's a trick to it, but it is SO GOOD and SUPER EASY, too!

Mashed Fauxtatoes

Mashed Cauliflower
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
• 3 oz. (1/4 cup) salted butter
• 6 oz (1/2 cup) cream cheese
• 22 oz. (3 cups) fresh or frozen cauliflower florets (or steam-in-bag) Well drained!
• salt and pepper to taste

Directions
 Microwave frozen cauliflower in bags per instructions (or fresh in microwave for ~10 min.) - drained in colander!!
 Soften/melt butter and cream cheese in a pot on stove top on medium heat, stirring.
 Remove from heat and add the drained cauliflower.
 Using an immersion blender, blend until desired smoothness/creaminess.
 Add salt and pepper to taste.
Variations
1. Try using garlic herb butter for an amazing taste. Or add chives, sour cream and/or bacon.
2. Add any kind of shredded cheese and/or jarred Alfredo cheddar or spaghetti sauce.
3. Use seasonings, like Johnny’s Garlic, Brady St. (Penzey’s), Italian Seasoning, Poultry Seasoning, lemon pepper, chili powder, or whatever.
4. Bake it: top with cheese, bake for 25 min. @ 400ºF. until bubbly.
5. Secret ingredient (super expensive): A TINY DROP of Amoretti's Potato Extract (2 oz.)! Makes it taste just like REAL mashed potatoes! Even the texture is right.

They also have "Sweet Corn" extract for authentic keto corn bread. Recipes are online, but you need to add the extracts. I said it was a secret, after all. ;) Serve it with all meat chili (aka Chile con Carne). NO BEANS. You can also dump in a small can of green chili and/or a handful of shredded cheese to the corn bread...or the chili.

Next time, I'll add a recipe for waffles, pancakes, and how to make SUPER EASY Fathead dough for pizzas (or crackers or a TON of other things) if you'd like. And yummy FAT BOMBS! Oh! And cheesecake! Let me know... :mrgreen:

It's a whole new way of cooking!

Honeybera ♥♥♥
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Aw wow honeybera, thanks so much for sharing! I really do see why you talk about this "diet" the way you do, it all sounds delicious. :D I may have to give that cauliflower cheese a try, it's one of my favourites anyway..!
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Excited to try the cheesy cauliflower and mashed cauliflower. I’ll let you know how it turns out!
Chessgirl
honeybera

Post by honeybera »

YAY! So glad you are going to try it. Bacon is always ok to add, too - like draped over a meatloaf along with the sugar free Heinz ketchup as it bakes. Or bacon crisped and popped into that Cauliflower Casserole. Look up baking or air frying bacon, too. You can make an entire lb. at a time. Google both methods.
You only have to try cooking bacon in the Air Fryer once for it to become your new favorite way to cook bacon. It's perfectly crisp every time and since the air circulates, there's no need to flip the bacon halfway. - natashaskitchen dot com/air-fryer-bacon/
One of the biggest "problems" is to eat ENOUGH fat during the day (70-85%). I happen to like rich foods. So this is right up my alley. Bacon and eggs, BLT sandwiches, faux-tato salad (with bacon), so many yummy things! Avocados are another wonderful treat. I just found that (to economize) I allow my avocados to ripen on the sideboard, but then when they're just barely soft, I pop them into the fridge. They will stay perfectly ripe for weeks on end in the fridge! No more waste on expensive avocados. But if you put them into the fridge when they're still hard, they'll stay hard and inedible.

The best bread is easy...once all the (oddball) ingredients are in the pantry, but it takes some effort to gather all of them up, like a bread making machine and vital wheat gluten, xanthan gum, oat fiber, and golden flax seed meal. I just bought some Keto Raisin bread from Chompie's out of AZ. I used Chompie's before I found this yeast recipe, and I thought it would be wildly yummy like I remembered it, but it was only "meh" after eating my own bread. If anyone wants to bake the very best keto bread recipe available on the internet, let me know. I've decided that from now on if I am craving Raisin Bread, I can make it better and very satisfying by adding some Amoretti's Raisin extract to the eggs/water (1st thing to load into the bread maker pan) to give it the flavor of raisins and add a few good shakes of Saigon cinnamon to the dry ingredients. I'll let you know how it goes. Hm...I may add some chopped and dry-toasted pecans as well.

Now for the waffles and Chaffles:

Almond Flour Waffles

Almond Flour Waffles Recipe – Easy 4 Ingredient Low Carb & Keto Diet Waffle Recipe with almond flour or almond meal.

• 4 Eggs
• 1/4 Cup Cream
• Pinch of Salt
• 1 Cup Almond Flour or Almond Meal

1. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs until smooth.
2. Whisk in the cream.
3. Add the salt and almond flour or meal and whisk until you have a smooth, bubbling waffle batter.
4. Heat your waffle maker and cook the waffles according to the directions on your waffle maker.
5. Remove from the waffle maker and serve.

Yield: 2
VARIATIONS: Can use flavorings or dried fruit; can top with whipping cream and/or SF syrup
(Double or triple this recipe)
FREEZES WELL (Think: Let go of my Eggo!)
Amount per Serving: Calories: 262

yummyinspirations dot net/2018/06/almond-flour-waffles-recipe/

==================================================

Basic Chaffle Recipe (Chaffle = cheese + waffle)

These chaffles are just two ingredients and cook in just a few minutes! Perfect smeared with butter and sugar free (Maple? Blueberry?) syrup. [Netrition dot com: ChocZero syrups highly recommended - nice and thick]
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella

1. Plug in the waffle maker to heat.
2. Crack the egg into a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the mozzarella and stir to combine.
3. Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray.
4. Pour half of the egg mixture into the heated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes or until steaming stops.
5. Remove waffle carefully and cook remaining batter.
6. Serve warm with butter and sugar-free syrup.

This is the BASIC chaffle recipe and nothing more is needed, however adding 1 teaspoon of coconut flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder will give these a better texture. Try adding a splash of vanilla and/or dash of cinnamon and/or Pumpkin Pie Spice for next level breakfast chaffles or use another type of cheese or seasoning for a bread replacement.

Yield: 2 waffles NET CARBS: 3 Serving Size 2 waffles

Google "chaffle" to see what these look like. SO GOOD! And have some bacon with these, too! YUM! Many different ways to make these. SUPER delicious!

Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 214mgSodium 364mg Carbohydrates 3g Net Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 16g
thatlowcarblife dot com/chaffles/

Also great with keto Sausage Gravy poured over the top.

♥♥♥
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Thanks for the tip honeybera 8-)
honeybera wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:42 pm Avocados are another wonderful treat. I just found that (to economize) I allow my avocados to ripen on the sideboard, but then when they're just barely soft, I pop them into the fridge. They will stay perfectly ripe for weeks on end in the fridge! No more waste on expensive avocados. But if you put them into the fridge when they're still hard, they'll stay hard and inedible.
I am enjoying reading your recipes - always on the look out for new and yummy ideas
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org