My Intro

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

BsBabygirl

My Intro

Post by BsBabygirl »

I sit here struggling on how to introduce myself on here. I am 39 years old and the mother of three (20,16,13). I have survived various types of abuse in my life at the hands of my mother, step-father, brother, ex-husband, and myself (sometimes we can be our own worst enemy i think). I have been in a new relationship for four years and we just married on the 4th. Lately though I have been struggling to cope with everything that life seems to be throwing at me. My husband suggested that I find a support group of others that have lived similar traumas. So I began a search that led me here and I am hoping that I can talk to others, share my stories, and start really truly letting my past trauma go.

When I am not struggling with trauma I enjoy family life, cooking, being outside (pre-COVID), taking photographs, and exploring new foods. Anyway, I am glad to have found this place.
there

Re: My Intro

Post by there »

Hi, BsBabyGirl,

Welcome to isurvive. I've found compassion and friendship here. Hope you find the same.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
BsBabygirl

Post by BsBabygirl »

there wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:58 pm Hi, BsBabyGirl,

Welcome to isurvive. I've found compassion and friendship here. Hope you find the same.
Thank you. I am hoping so as well.
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no specific triggering content nor language
serenadaphne

Post by serenadaphne »

Welcome πŸ’™ You should be able to find all of those things here.
Thank you for sharing so openly, I admire you for listing yourself as an abuser. I struggle a lot with self abuse, and recently relapsed back into cutting and anorexia after realizing my childhood abuse. I hope that you'll find a healer and friend in yourself too.
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
what happened to you matters
BsBabygirl

Post by BsBabygirl »

serenadaphne wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 pm Welcome πŸ’™ You should be able to find all of those things here.
Thank you.
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included AND shortened quote as per guidelines
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. It sounds like youve come to the right place. Ive found all those things here. A place to dump, a place to be understood ( there seems to always be someone who get my thought processes) a place to be okay or not okay. No judgement. Just compassion and understanding.

Congratulations on the new marriage. It sounds like your husband is supportive and encouraging of you getting help. Having someone you can trust by your side is always a plus.

Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
BsBabygirl

Post by BsBabygirl »

coconuts wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:05 am
Congratulations on the new marriage. It sounds like your husband is supportive and encouraging of you getting help. Having someone you can trust by your side is always a plus.
Thank you. The new marriage is definitely a struggle, especially when what we call the "demons" (negative thoughts) start cycling in my head and I spiral down and loose my beep. But he hasn't given up on me yet, which I both love and I am baffled by.
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included AND shortened quote as per guidelines
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, BsBabygirl. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi BsBabygirl

A very warm welcome from me too - glad you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
BsBabygirl

Post by BsBabygirl »

Jonesy wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 pm
Last edited by Harmony on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no specific triggering content nor language