An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Freedom

Post by Freedom »

Hi
I am new to this and was suggested by therapist that I find a support group to not only help me but help others. I grew in domestic violence my entire childhood, my father was a raging abusive alcoholic and watched him beat my mother and brother constantly. My mother later married my teacher when I was in 5th grade (he was my teacher at the time) and thru a host of events to the end being that he ended up murdering her in front of me and my sisters. I grew up up quickly with no grandparents, no aunts, no uncles or father. I have been clean and sober 15 years this September, I lost my sister a few years ago because the trauma we suffered, weighed her down and she drank herself to death. I was physically and mentally abused over the course of my childhood. I have never had help or treatment for my PTSD until a few weeks go whereby I had a breakdown out of no where, took to places I thought I put in a box and labeled done but no, it has reared it’s ugly head. There is so much I witnessed and had to go through just to survive without killing myself that it all has to be for a good purpose one day and not pain.

Freedom
Crow

Re: Newbie

Post by Crow »

Hi Freedom,

Well done for taking the step to join isurvive. I hope that you will find it very helpful being part of such a lovely group of people... in my experience so far anyway :)

I'm so sorry to read all that you witnessed and suffered, but rest assured that even though you have this pain and trauma, there are people here that can help you through it.

Give yourself time and cling onto hope. You're in good company here.

Take care,

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

What an excruciatingly painful path. I'm so sorry for what brings you here but I'm glad you found us.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Freedom

A very warm welcome to isurvive - may you soon feel at home with us
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
ajei

Post by ajei »

Hi Freedom...it's really good to meet you.

ajei
heavenlydove

Post by heavenlydove »

Hi Freedom,

Welcome my dear. I so feel for you, reading what you wrote. It really touched me. Like you, I also suffered physical and mental abuse at the hands of my parents for most of my life and now have had similar trouble with my brother. My family never had a drinking problem though.
What you wrote reminds me of what happened to our immediate neighbours. They suffered the death of their daughter at the hands of her abusive husband - she left two children - who like you witnessed the murder of their mum at the hands of their dad - it was a very violent death - not accidental in any way. They were two boys and one of them was so traumatised that he could not speak properly after that(don't know for how long that persisted). The only difference was, that those children ended up being cared for by other relatives. So sorry to hear that your sister could never cope with it all that happened and ended up drinking herself to death. I am glad though that you have chosen to fight to get through your situation and have found your way here. You are so very welcome. Let us hope that you find strength and comfort on this site to help you fight on and get through the tough times when they arise. Good luck to you XX
there

Post by there »

Hi, Freedom,
Great bane. name.

That's more than any child should have to bear.
I hope you find the comfort, understanding, and encouragement I find here.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.