Hello - First Post

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

sunsea

Hello - First Post

Post by sunsea »

Hello, I stumbled upon these Forums from another site.

I'm what I guess would be a survivor of sexual abuse from my grandfather and two paternal cousins, when I was approximately 4-12 years old. I'm 26 now. My teen years were full of bullying, self-harm, suicide attempts, and self-discovery. Since quarantine I've been thinking more and more about my childhood experiences, how it affected me, one single thing that I regret doing...

I know this is a hello post, but I hope that when everything in my mind is more organized, I will share my experience. With all the details. Because one thing I've always felt during opening up with my therapist, is me avoiding the sexual part, and only saying I was abused. And I think posting my full story here, will help take off a heavy load off my chest and mind.

I hope I can learn from the member's experiences in their healing road.
Thank you.
Last edited by Serenity on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
Serenity
Director
Director

Re: Hello - First Post

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, sunsea. I'm sorry for the reasons but glad you are here. You are more than welcome to post whatever you need or want to post in whatever timing is right for you.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi sunsea

A warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Welcome! Glad you found the forum.
ajei

Post by ajei »

Hi sunsea...it's really good to meet you.

ajei
Harbor

Post by Harbor »

Welcome, sunsea.

Don't worry about organizing your thoughts on our account. Sometimes the act of getting them down on (virtual) paper forces us to sort things in some kind of order, but it's not necessary.We'll be with you however and whenever you choose to make it happen.
"'Safe Harbor' is a state of mind... it's the place - in reality or metaphor - to which one goes in times of trouble or worry. It can be a friendship, marriage, church, garden, beach, poem, prayer, or song." -Luanne Rice