Life of There: 2020

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: Life of There: 2020

Post by there »

Hi, Watercolor!
Great to read from you.

"Practice"--- yeah, brilliant if you.

Weathering the trying people, who still have value.

I find I've been getting to my mantra meditation later in the day. Is ok, but would prefer to do it earlier.

Watched an interesting movie called "Black Butterflies ".
It's about Ingrid Jonker, poet from So. Africa.

Had never heard of her. I read and write poetry (some).
She's been called the South African Syliva Plath. I found a lot of inspiration and redemption in a tragic story. Her poetry blows me away.

Got 2 jugs of spring water, yay. Paper towels, 1/2 gallon almond milk, more Progresso soup. No alcohol or bleach. Small Store restocked yesterday.

What are you up to this evening?

1 edit by there for spelling
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

people can be exasperating, for real.

Hope you can turn your schedule around the way you want to with the meditations.

Sounds like an enriching movie and one that held your interest. I used to write poetry in HS. Very occasionally still do.

Great that you found some provisions! Every bit helps and no one wants to be out of important things in times like these.

Thanks for asking. Someone across the country very unexpectedly reached out this eve, and we had a long, pleasant texting session. I'm about to go across the apt and warm my feet up, one way or another!

Hoping the rest of your night will be good, there.
there

Post by there »

Hi, Wc,

Really grateful for isurvive and you and all wonderful people here.
Cool that you write poetry sometimes. The poetry/creative writing section is always open.

Yeah, the presence of a 1/2 gallon of unsweetened almond milk in fridge goes a long way to comfort.

Just took Tula out for a bit. Going to pharmacy later w B to get a few necessities, including pee pads. Spacing out the walks on a chilly March day.

First coffee, second coffee, haha.

What?! Log-in again, lost part of post.

Would like to find Waze to increase daily activity/work. Maybe I have been doing that compared to, say, a year ago.Maybe I could keep a daily log for a few days. Also would help to give myself credit for what I’ve been getting done.

Paid Health insurance monthly bill. Did some laundry. Got supplies in. Did a lot of watercolor past week. Addressed next part of tax prep. I know how to have fun!!!!
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Ha there. That adulting stuff is definitely a fun killer but there is something to feeling accomplished like you got something done.

Glad you have Tula for companionship. Nice to get out for a walk. And nice to have someone to care for.

I brought my watercolor stuff home. Need to order cheap watercolor from the store. I feel like if I pull put my paints everyone else will want me to share and little people will mix colors. Maybe I will have a weekly paint time til this quarantine stuff is done.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

5hanks, coconuts,
missed you in chat. Stayed for 20 +minutes.

Also cleared out overstuffed , seriously messy kitchen drawer. Added about 3 lbs to to trash I took out!.
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
there

Post by there »

Ok, really pissed.
Jerk woman from hometown was really mean.

She posted some nostalgia pics about products. I wrote out a commercial jingle and that I happened to be singing it the other day—-‘Mr. Bubble’.

She wrote “Make sure nobody’s listening to you when you sing that or they may put you in a home.LOLOL”

Is that abusive? I think so.
there

Post by there »

Ok, she reacted positively to my reply.

I wrote " I'm a theater teacher and a musician. My friends and my brother had a laugh."

I guess I got triggered. I really hate people saying things like that.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Nice work, tidying the kitchen drawer, making headway with your taxes, laundry! And getting supplies isn't minor in the current environment.

Glad there's been some painting too. Is there a color combination you love most?

Seems like a retort with a sting, even if it hadn't set off a personal trigger. Some people don't know how to behave around other humans. Too bad she doesn't know the idea is to protect other people's hearts, not wield words like swords.

Hope you and Tula enjoy your evening.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Dang. I was in chat for like 20 minutes but kept nodding off so I logged out. I'm a bit under the weather today.

Fb person just sounds rude. I honestly do not understand why people choose rudeness. Well maybe I do. Brene Brown says it's part of the armour against being vulnerable to be rude and or sarcastic. She sounds emotionally immature.

It sounds funny she sounds like she one of those in the cheap seats.

More organizing. I have a feeling some of our houses will be ultra organized before this is over. My pantry got a major clean up last night.

I'm going to go hang out in chat now though. If you want to pop in. After my nap I feel better.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

oh, if I organized more cuz of this...permanent Mt. Laundry would be gone.
Boxes and boxes in living room shelves would be just boxes. 1/2 as much stuff.

Drawers in dresser would hold only clothing and a little jewelry.

Woke up and need to try to go back to sleep. soon.

Maybe a creative
visualization audio.