New New

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

suprtrm

New New

Post by suprtrm »

Hey Ya'll!

I just registered here, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm not really sure what to say, but I'll do a round-up I guess. Sorry if I didn't use the proper trigger warning - I'm not certain on the exact boundaries yet so I decided to keep it at MT. Side note: I always feel the need to be extra explanatory (and I am generally a very talkative person) so I apologize in advance for the long intro.

A few months ago I had a realization that an experience I had as a child was not what I had always thought it was. A few weeks ago, I started to realize that it was actually a lot more involved than I had previously assumed. I basically have been having an entire emotional breakdown during what is already an incredibly important and stressful moment in my graduate program. And even though my school is very understanding, and good with providing mental health support I have always been hesitant in asking for help - and sadly still have not. I've dealt with anxiety, and depression for a bit over 10 years now. But to be honest this is definitely self diagnosed. I've only been in therapy twice a few years ago after I started getting panic attacks and could not function "properly."

While I know I definitely need to be in therapy, and this community is in no way a replacement, I am currently in a grad program in a different country, and am still uncertain about where to even begin to look for help. And while I am trying to figure that all out, I needed a place where I could feel a bit less of a burden. Luckily, I do have people I can talk to, which is definitely a help, but they are all far away. And sometimes talking to them, no matter how close we are, feels like an imposition. These things are not easy to talk about, and while my friends are understanding and as supportive as they can be, they are also dealing with their own issues and I want to be there for them as well, and not just taking up all their energy dealing with my issues.

I am always a bit hesitant to participate in general when it comes to online communities, I tend to be a bit of a lurker. Honestly, I am just tired of always holding it all in, but I hope to be able to give and not just take from you all.

I'll probably make a new post soon (and likely right after I submit this one), because I just need to get it out there. I just feel like I can't keep it contained anymore, and I think the anonymity makes it easier for me.

Thanks for reading, and see ya'll around.
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language.
timjake

Re: New New

Post by timjake »

HAVOC is based in UK it is a very helpful site for that part of the world
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language.
suprtrm

Post by suprtrm »

Oh thank you! Will look into them!
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Welcome to isurvive suprtrm,

We are so glad you found your way here. This is the place for support and comfort during healing abuse. If you have any questions ask away. There are only a couple of places that are not password protected on the site. You can check out what is public and what is not by checking before you log in and after.

glad to meet you,
Harmony
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Welcome to you and hope you'll feel very comfy here!
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi suprtrm

A warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
quixote

Post by quixote »

Suprtrm,
Glad you found us. You can do as much talking as you like.
quixote