There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: There: 2019

Post by there »

coconuts,
So good to see your name here this morning. Was surfing A wave of anxiety. Whew!

I figured you must know, being a teacher. ;)

You probably have the day off. it's Friday. Hope it's a good one.

Yup. It's not official, but winter is here. Glad I have the the green plants on the windowsill.

I'm so bummed. AC Moore, the arts and crafts store, is closing. They're being bought out by Michael's. I don't know if this store will reopen. It was really convenient. I hate it when stores go out of business. So Darwinian.

Thanks to anyone who reads this.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
there

Post by there »

Wow, a whole week since I last posted.
Very cold day ...30˚. Haven't gone out at all and dog needs to.
I don't do that well all alone. I'm not isolating on purpose, really not.
Feeling kinda sad.
Have gotten some things done today, though.
Ihope I can put finishing touches on a digital drawing I'm working on today.

Children in class, a few, have been so challenging. Not nice to teacher here!
That may inform next week's lesson which will emphasize respect. YAy!
I'm not going to let them get me down. Too many nice kids. And the creativity is great.

ok, thanks for reading, anyone.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Huh? I really thought I responded to your post a week ago. Must have just done it in my head.

Bummer about the store closing. And yeah.. winter... Still here as well.

Students. Oh my. I'm trying to keep then engaged and respectful. I think the whole let's be good for santa thing makes it worse because I swear the stress of that makes kids naughtier. And they won't. Shut. Up. Like ever. My goodness. My brain just buzzes by the end of the day.

We read the book "the way I act" this week and talked a lot about how our actions show what kind of people we are. And if their actions were showing the kind of people they were. I also completely pulled out guided meditation to have ten minutes of quiet in my class. We also had two birthdays this week which brings its own excitement. Apparently most of my class was born in December. I have two more birthdays this next week plus holiday celebrations everywhere. Heaven help me.

I also think my daughter shared her cold with me. Yay me!
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Aw hey, sounds tricky but as if you're doing very well considering, there. :) Good idea to focus on the nice kids too, even if there are some bratty ones in the mix.

Hope it warms up a little there, and wishing a big ol' bundle of hugs if you'd like them. Plus a cup of steamy hot tea with lemon, because it's somehow a tiny slice of seasonally-adjusted summer. :D (Citrus fruit and heat make me think of warmer times and climes!)

Hang in there brave soul, you're not alone either even when there are few people about. <3
there

Post by there »

coconuts,
Everything is on sale, there. I did some Christmas shopping.🛒

‘The Way I Act’. Will look for that. And thanks.

You have a full December in class, then. I like the guided meditation. I sometimes start that with kids. They’re good for maaaybe 5 mins.
I have one kid who keeps talking about how rich his family is. Gonna shut that down. Has nothing to do with my class.

Thinking of bringing meditation bells for beginning class. Maybe to end. Some kid can do them!?

Hope you nip that cold in the bud, coconuts.

dancingfish,
Thanks so much for posting. It is warming up with rain. That’s cool.
Tea with lemon, gee, sounds so nice! Hugs too?

Am hanging tough.

Finished a digital drawing. Started social media greeting, haha.

Body has been fatigued today.

Sigh. Am doing pretty well, though.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Decided with team to do yoga with students all week. That's fun. They are so cute when you have 70 little 5-7 year olds all repeating... "Namaste". They really like it. We will have a big screen in the gym and do it with them all.

I have this neat app for the guided meditation that I got for free. Which is nice cause it's pricey. And it has specific meditations for specific age groups. I've also been using it to try and help me sleep.

Funny I listened to my daughter and her friend arguing over each one calling the other "rich". It was an argument. My daughter thought her friend was rich cause they always go on vacations. Just got back from a cruise and then a trip to Japan. Her friend was saying we are rich cause we live in a big house. Of course the house is big we have a big family. Tho we moved here just two years ago from a small three bedroom house for the 10 of us. I just thought it was interesting to hear both their perceptions from the outside and inside.
there

Post by there »

Thanks, coconuts,

Yoga, yeah! Guided meditation app sounds great!

Will probably call my supervisor to discuss classroom issues and going forward. Then I’ll have talked it through and will have solutions. She also said that she enjoys talking with me!

Eep. Slight water damage to laptop. It’s covered, plus $99 to Apple.
Really trying to take good care of laptop and iPad. Maybe I Just need a safe place to store them at night away from hazards.

Just a thought: What if I take care of myself at least as well as a laptop.

Nice ‘warm’ , rainy day.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

It's nice to get compliments. Im often embarrassed by them but still like it A LOT... I remember them and feel all excited about nice things people say. I argue against them but j still revel in the happiness they bring.

Oops on the laptop. Yeah that's a thought. If I took as much care of myself as I do my phone. Being sure to keep it charged. Getting rid of junk that bogs it down. Buying a protective case and trying to not drop it or get it wet. I'm very thoughtful of the way my phone gets treated. Not so much about myself. Both the way I allow others to treat me or the way I treat myself.

Warm is better than the freezing north wind right?
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Hope classes go well this week.

Just made it through our school Christmas program. It went well. Now to survive the next two days of chaos.

Hope to catch you for a chat this weekend.
there

Post by there »

Now I have to find where I put laptop to send it for repair.
Why freaking why is losing things never done?

Again, not sleeping great...
Sleep problems make me feel out of control, depressed, and like a failure.
Did qigong, and made something to eat, hoping they’ll calm my system down.

Ok,
finally took 1/4 of an Ativan.
No words.