reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

coconuts

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by coconuts »

Dang girl that sounds frustrating. I so can understand the fit. What a rough day. I hate days like that, nothing seems to actually get accomplished even though you work your tail off. And then you know youre gonna have to do it all again. Yuck.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Yeah, reisha, that's a rough day. Breathe.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hey Reisha

Playing the hoop jumping game is exhausting, especially if your exhausted to begin with!
Hope getting some of that frustration out helped.

Vibes for a good day,

Couragetoday
reisha

Post by reisha »

Lol, ephes. Ya made me laugh. Yes, pissyhissyfits are my specialty. Gee, maybe i should hang out a shingle?

Coconuts, ya are so rite! Ya describe the bs perfectly! I guess theres an element of .... victimhood, or entitlement in it, but yeah- get all my self together to do a thing, expend time & energy which seems to no avail, knowin its gotta be reddone all over again.

If i learned anything from the exp, its to reconsider my transpo for these things. Mite be a better choice to pay for the gimp bus in this case, as the reg buses jostle & bump sumtin terrible, hard seats. Im always sore & grumpy after. This morn, im inna whirlda ouch, despite bath last nite. Todays gonna be a bed day, i can tell, no choice. Maybe toss butt back in bath.

I realy wish the govt would, could streamline these burro-ack!-osities. Much as i detest kaiser, id like to see the same model for 'commonly used by the public' agencies. Build a bigass skyscraper, have social security on 3rd floor, buildin permits on 1st, & food stamps in the courtyard. Dmv on penthouse (cuz, we're gonna be flyin our drones & jetpacks..). I mean, really - it aint rocket surgery. When *im* Queen....

Thanks, friends, for yer understandin & support
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Hahaha. I have so many things that will change when I get my crown.

I would add your large building could include a large courtyard (indoor and outdoor) to wait in and you have those little lighted coaster looking things when your number is about to come up they will flash and alarm and you can head on up to a smaller waiting area with just a couple people. That way if you're stuck waiting for hours you have space for moving around a bit, get kids away from the people people who are giving them dirty looks, or get away from kids who are unruley. Also really they should have an automated system where you can call and make an " appointment" withing certain time frame. Okay I could think of a bazillion ways to make it more efficient, lead to happier everyone, but hey who wants to change things to make them better right? ( Snarkiness over)
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
reisha

Post by reisha »

Been thinkin alot bout the connection tween victimhood & entitlement. Ive considered the concept b4, but ..... w these particular words, or in this specific way; & as relates to me, my M.O's.
Im not sure which comes 1st, which spurs the other.
Maybe diff sides of same pancake.
Wonder at ... my ... 'vulnerability' to both, the .... 'attractiveness' of em. Obviously, theres the control aspects. If vulnerable, outta my control; if entitled, in my control. Dunno why i think that, how to explain that 'logic', other than to recognize tattered shreds of childs thinkin.

More to pnder, oh joy, i can wait.... (not?)
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
there

Post by there »

hi, reisha,
How gggrrr typical about food stamps place so conveniently up and moving.

Sounds like you are regrouping, considering transpo change after highly appropriate pissyhisstfit.

Agreeing with your royal vision for one-stop location containing necessary gov't agencies. Great idea!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
ephes

Post by ephes »

reisha wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:46 pm Been thinkin alot bout the connection tween victimhood & entitlement.
Don't know which causes which, but SOMETIMES they're related. I'm deathly afraid of becoming entitled. Because I feel it could be the thing that keeps me stuck where I am.
reisha wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:46 pm if entitled, in my control.

if entitled, illusion of control?

Hope you've had a good day, sending good vibes your way!
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi reisha,

Just checking in. Hope your day was good. I took a friend in for vascular surgery today, he's a broken down old redneck with a (long deceased from AIDS) 1980's gay brother, and a truck drivin' African-American friend who is solid as the day is long. So while I call him a redneck, it is in a good way, as he has been touched by the fire of love and knows what is real. He also knows great sorrow and betrayal.

He was killing himself with beer and was basically homeless (sharing a shack), and we became friends. He decided he wanted to live when his doctor told him he would be dead in 3 weeks.

So I helped. Detox/psych ward at hospital, he was always positive and was trying hard (I now know he had already made an existential decision in the positive direction). Now 9 months sober (wish I could say that!) and getting his second surgery to save his legs.

I just want to pay tribute to my buddy who was willing to accept help, but who is totally doing this (the hard part) by his own blood sweat and tears. His physical stamina after these nine months is incredible, and has resulted in less pain for him coming out of this surgery. And he is anxious to get walking, moving, out of the hospital, and into some subsidized housing. (he spent his life doing carpentry of all kinds. High end cabinets. Custom stuff.)

He was abused as a child, too. We've talked about our abuse. His brother was his abuser in several ways, but he was a caretaker for him as he died. We get each other. It was such a relief for me to see him in a minor sort of pain, instead of the flat out cosmic pain that I saw 6 months ago on this first leg.

So my friend and I are both happy, tonight, reisha. How bout this: they either support a web site for all your government needs, or else they send a rep to your domicile (rep carries high end software that can get things done). End of story.

Elect me king! No, too avoidant to be king, forget it.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

What's up there, reisha!

Respectfully sending positive vibes and sunshine if you want 'em! My last post just spilled out of me. Not trying to toot my own horn or virtue signal. My challenge is to make sure I minimize what I actually do for my friend versus what he does for himself. If I spend too much time with him I get empathetically sucked into his mind plus he will start leaning on me more than he needs to. So I have to control that. He is learning to "fish" and fend for himself in this crazy world, where its hard to live in a dugout when you're old. Too damp. And I am learning how to set boundaries.

I hope you are well. Let us hear from you when you get a chance, ok?

edit: trigger from mt to nt.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being