Fleur's 2019 Thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Couragetoday

Re: Fleur's 2019 Thread

Post by Couragetoday »

That makes sense, considering how it would affect Soxy. Can definitely understand the conflicted contradictory thoughts and feelings, despite our scenarios being different.
I’m really sorry and feel sad that things have turned out how they have.

I hope you’re doing OK knowing about your dad‘s most recent scenario., as I do recall some of what you’ve shared about that relationship previously.

Gentle hugs,

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello EasyStreet, there, reisha, Couragetoday

Thank you each for posting

Thinking (hoping) Dr is right - that my body will change once again after treatment so Soxy and I can be a team - however, I do know he is in capable, loving hands

Sleep all over the place. I'm wishing A Dr would prescribe something to knock me out once a week - no-one happy to do so. Accept their reasoning but oh my I'd like to feel well rested sometimes

Your perception reisha blows me away

Yeah, have very mixed feelings, thoughts re Dad. Spot on Couragetoday

Had my first 1:1 art class today. Copying a painting with my twists. Learning about angles, light/shade, different types of brush, how to mix acrylic paint. Chose an old miner's cottage with lots of dark foliage reflecting sunlight

First, work out the horizon - a fifth up the canvas, sketch in erasable pencil where we want the big tree on right and cottage in middle, slightly right of centre. Then came the sky and rough tree shapes. Wait until next week!

Think I'm not fully recovered from the chest infection. Been feeling soooo cold, yet it isn't THAT chilly. Around 14C indoors. Some nights been coughing despite precautions, until I feel nauseous, dizzy

On yet another course of antibiotics

Get paid tomorrow, so thinking about extra immune support - any suggestions appreciated

Actually felt hungry earlier - saw can of fish bought for absentee son a few months ago, so made myself sweet and sour salmon with rice

Waist is too big for the belt bought last December. Most clothes still a loose fit

Wishing each of you a blessed day
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
ephes

Post by ephes »

Fleur wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:21 pm Hello ephes, thank you for sharing here. Uncertain if we've previously "met," -
Hello Fleur, no I don't think we've "met":). I just saw one of your posts as new and related to what you said, so I responded spontaneously. I didn't mean to fall out of the blue sky like a drop bear (if that's how they do). With the limited time I spend on the site I don't read all the posts and I haven't followed your thread. Do let me know if there's something I can do to better respect the spoken or unspoken rules of posting on someone's thread.

All the best to you:)!
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

That would be so wonderful if the treatment helped to allow you and Soxy to be reunited. Definitely sending out vibes (prayers) that this can happen.

Very much understand wanting something, anything, to help bring sleep. It is so very hard to manage things, physically, mentally without adequate rest. Such a vicious cycle.

Your art class and painting sound amazing! I am imagining it in my head and it looks very lovely!Are you enjoying it?

You must be quite tired of infections and antibiotics. I so wish you could feel much better immediately.
I have been using Ascorbate calcium (a form of vitamin C) For about five years now. (This body doesn’t seem to absorb enough vit c through diet alone) I used to frequently get colds, viruses etc that would turn into chest infections. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but since starting Those supplements I can count on one hand the amount of viruses I’ve gotten. A big change from getting them multiple times a year.

Hope Your day is off to a good start. Leaving Gentle hugs if ok.

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello ephes, didn't mean to sound ungracious, more an acknowledgement of noticing you. Ah, you've heard of "drop bears"? They are fictitious, like bunyips. Welcome to iSurvive where I trust you feel at home and share as/when you want. Thank you for writing to me. No rules here around who writes on which thread. I'll probably make another "new" one for next year

Hello Couragetoday, happy for you that you have had fewer viral infections. I've recently commenced taking vitamin C with Manuka Honey and lemon - hopefully will offer protection for me as well! I'm also using calcium with vitamin D, a zinc complex, magnesium, iron and probiotics - along with various pharmaceutical drugs prescribed by medical fraternity. Thank you for sharing

Apparently, my immune system is stressed just dealing with my inadequate lifestyle because the inflammation markers are high, amongst other things I haven't grasped - hence my idea of using yet another supplement

I know I don't eat enough or move much, my daily fluid intake varies enormously. Sleep is difficult. Hard to relax when hypervigilant. Am indoors most of the time. Little motivation to do anything really - pain levels are high. So ... No wonder my immune system is stressed!! I'm breaking most if not all the best guidelines for optimal health

Appreciate your writing about my latest artistic endeavour. Currently canvas is sitting on the kitchen table where, from a distance and not comparing to the original, looks okay so far

Cheerio
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
ephes

Post by ephes »

Oh no, you didn't sound ungracious! No worries here, no worries there? All good then:).
Yeah drop bears, when I was still having social contacts ( :? ) I knew some Australians who wouldn't stop going on about them haha.
Hey I don't know your whole story Fleur but I've had considerable pain originating from but not limited to my back for about 3 years, with high chronic inflammation. I have tried being immobile, tried a whole cocktail of pain medication. In the past it's gotten to the point where I couldn't sleep because of the pain, at times couldn't sit, couldn't lie down. There were times were the only thing to do to was to walk (stumble) around slowly, for hours. That took my mind off the pain and helped. It's better now, sometimes flaring up.
I've come to the conclusion that my body needs workout. Anxiety and depression want to keep me inside, the pain forces me out and moving. It's the only thing that helps me in the long term, physically and mentally. Though it can be hard to START, once you do it a few times it gets easier to keep doing.

A thing I use for inflammation is curcuma powder (with pepperine it's supposed to be easier absorbed by body). As with many supplements this one is not proven to be useful! But at least for me it has an effect, placebo or otherwise. I take it daily with my multivitamin pill and a smaller dose of fish oil.

Hope the weather has gotten better now where you are. So nice that you do creative work:)!

Have a pleasant, warm day
ephes

Post by ephes »

Oh and just took some CBD oil (non hallucinogenic cannabis compound) and thought about you. CBD oil helps me manage pain as well (and soothes anxiety attacks).
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello ephes

Absolutely no worries! Glad you have good relief from CBD oil. Extraordinarily expensive here, unless deemed medically necessary as concluded by a Dr. Tumeric and black pepper have had some excellent reviews, although helpful to varying subjective degrees. One study in I think Canada showed faster improvement after surgery for patients requiring joint operations, so I doubt it's "only" a placebo effect for you

Our human brain is incredibly clever. I recall one study where the exact same shake was consumed by various groups. The people who were told it was an indulgence due to the high number of calories put on weight and felt fully satisfied. Those who thought it a low calorie beverage lost weight and many felt hungry afterwards. The third group being informed of the truth enjoyed their drink. Some gained, some lost, others maintained their weight. The placebo effect is an example of how our brain can be "tricked" - in a positive sense

Thank you for your thoughtfulness

I cannot recall any lengthy time being pain free. Getting lost in art yesterday was terrific, except that I had to rest most of the afternoon. For an hour or so, my mind was fully absorbed; crowding out discomfort

Yeah - astounds me how many people's idea of having fun includes "drop bears"; must really puzzle those from a non English speaking background

May you enjoy your evening, sweet dreams followed by a lovely day
ephes

Post by ephes »

Wow, that's fascinating! The way they thought about the beverage affected weight loss/gain? My brain can't even compute that.

I thought the thing with the drop bears was kinda funny, and probably only few are puzzled by it:).

Have a great uh morning probably. Hope you find ways again to crowd out discomfort. Getting lost in art sounds lovely:)
reisha

Post by reisha »

Ok, im gonna hafta look up drop bears. Are they anything like jackalopes?

Fleur, i wanna thank ya for yer honesty, in 'busting' self on ...'non self care' habits. Ya & i are so similar in suma that.
Is that what ya meant be my perceptions?
As ya well know, ive been doin what ya describe, for the past several yrs. Think its why i recognize the signs in ya. & yeah, its a sukky splace to be. Yet, yer aware of it, & that alone'll serve ya well, in battling against it.
Does .... makin deals w self ever work? Is there 1 SMALL thing ya can do/not do regularly?
I love that yer indulgin yer artistic self, thoughourghorrily applaudin, encouragin more of that. I pulled my paints out last nite, an exercise in emotional release, an abstract that we'll see how develops

Heres to hrs blissfully spent in creative 'mess making'!😋😃
Love ya, lady!
Be well
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content