There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

EasyStreet

Re: There: 2019

Post by EasyStreet »

there: Slowly learning how important self care is. I am so glad that you have avenues to seek solace. But I know that it can be exhausting sometimes however one view is that:

I get knocked down but I get again

are some pretty good words to survive and thrive with.

I think there is some "grace" in thriving, but the work has to be done to the best point for you also. It has been freeing realizing that the world's dimensionally deficient yardstick for me no longer has any value or meaning. I'm so freaking weird that I could only be my own yardstick.

So don't judge yourself by some reality that has limited overlap with yours. Breathe and thrive, there. Keep on keepin'on.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
there

Post by there »

dancingfish, reisha, Noname, coconuts, Couragetoday, EasyStreet, reisha,
Thanks to each of you for so many kind and comforting words over the past week or so. Sorry I am falling short of responding individually, but I truly appreciate every one of your thoughtful posts.

Ct, please know I didn't notice any insensitivity from you.

Getting some things done, challenged to not beat myself up over perceived shortcomings.

Including still not getting to a yoga class at the Y I'm paying for a membership that I haven't used.
Maybe I could enlist any willing pocket riders to actually get my butt to this class.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

Pocket rider here!
Put me in a back pocket, so i can loveingly pinch yer butt into gear. Lol. That sounds wierd.

There, i think yer very wise, & self aware. I enjoy it when ya 'self analyize'. Yer so brave, ya admit yer vulnerabilities, as well as yer strengths. Ya provide me w mucho inspiration, & 'trigger' my own 'inner lookings'. So, i, for one, wanna thank ya for Giving so much good Service to the community. I dunno if ya realize ya do that, but ya do. So, a lil self congratulations are in order, IMNSHO.

Ya asked on my thread bout costumes & beadwork. I dont wanna hijack yer thread, so remind me on mine, m'k?

Sendin gentle hugs, tons of love, & care & support, & buttskritches for tula.
~~~☆☆☆♡♡♡{{{THERE!!!}}}♡♡♡☆☆☆~~~
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
there

Post by there »

Thanks for the chuckle, reisha! :lol:
Ok, you are pocketed for next Thursday (if not, the following one). Thank you. Sigh. Self care is tough! Waaah.

Thank you also for your comments. I will do my best to self-congratulate. :)
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

I'll be a pocket rider too. Accountability buddies make for a bit extra motivation. You would likely enjoy it very much once you go. That's how it usually is for me..
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

Thanks, coconuts,
We have a seat near reisha open. I’m removing pocket change and lint to make you ride as comfy clean as possible. :)
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Thursdays work for me also there!
I would love to be able to do yoga so I will be an enthusiastic pocket rider! ( if there’s any room left - you may need cargo pants!)

Hugs and caring,

Couragetoday
there

Post by there »

Ct,
Since we're imagining pocket riders, my imagination just bought some nice cargo shorts with roooomy pockets. Please take your pick.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Nice there!

Hmmm....Is there a side pocket free, maybe enough room for a Triangle Pose?

Wishing you a good Saturday,

CT
there

Post by there »

Ct, lol, Triangle pose :) good one!
Thanks for wish for a good Saturday today.

Getting closer to completion of dog portrait for brother. Finding such interesting features/tools in Procreate. There's one that will make the dog tag shine like in the sun.:)

Did some measuring and cutting for asimple summer skirt I hope to sew. Will need to look at online sewing Machine manual, so I get the thread tension right.

Taking a bit of a break, some hummus spread on a half a bagel. Tula's supper soon.
Was invited too to walked on to ice cream shop but I'm not going out for a 10 minute walk each way in this heat. But I said I appreciated being thought of.
I hope everyone's having a decent weekend.