reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by reisha »

There, thank ya for ^that^. Tween ya & easys thots, ive been doin sum thinkin too. Not self beatin, but lookin back, at my own accountability. Or lack thereof. Pretty obvious that my 'whole lotta nuthin goin on' posts, ( in hindsite) are 'flags'. More to ponder...

Yeah, the watercolor technique - draw pix onna grid, is the easiest way to 'pattern' a project. Then, its just strip sewing. Sew enuff strips, then join the strips. Easy peasy! Lol. The 'art' part is how ya arrainge each square into strips, & how ya arrange the strips.

I f'd up. Confusion tween mngmnt & me bout a thing goin back to nov, when mngmnt changed yet again, & the letter i got from hud last month, tellin me of a DECREASE in my rent, goin back a full yr (when i retook possesion after flood). 1st, i was never informed of anything by mngmnt( includin TWO outstandin late charges), til i brought the HUD letter to their atention. 2nd, accordin to MY calculations, that meant a 'trickle down' (or up, i dunno) credit equally xmas in july. So, i spent $. 'Z' ( new mngr) tells me yesterday at 5pm that i did/would have credit, save for my nonpayment in nov. So, im lookin thru recipts, pprwk. Cant find the slivers of ppr that constitue my reciepts for oct, nov or dec of last yr. These lil f'n slips torn from the MOs we're forced to purchase.... not in 'file', not on desk, in any purse bottom or pants pocket ive checked so far.... soo, im returnin items & hopin i can come up w it all by mon, or .. 'get in trouble'. Argh!!!

Easy, seems the milatary babied ya, lol! Out here in the 'real' whilrd, theres no gold stars for pasin inspection. Hmm, maybe i wanna be in YER 'army'? Only, id make a realy bad soldier. I dont follow directions well, have probs w authority/figures, & generally dont give a good <blanketyblank> bout things. Plus, most modern weapons scare me, & i puke/faint at the sight, smell of blood.still, im awesum at rabble rousing.....
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Reisha, I haven't posted on your thread before. Seems silly trying to find my ways to slip into conversations that have already started. I just don't know when to jump in. It's like one of those carnival games where things go around and around and your aiming for something but your not sure what or when to throw. So here is my wild throw in the middle lol.

I think we all have ups and downs and just plain flats in life too. Thank goodness we aren't always in crisis. And too bad we can't always be in hunky dory land. But we can't. It's just life. Just many of us here have lows a bit harsher than others. And I feel like when I fall I fall hard.

At any rate I admire you and your posts. A bit of hell fire and sass. You make me laugh. Seem to be a no BS kinda person and though I know it took a lot of work to get where you are, it seems you are a fighter. You're determined to stick up for what you believe ajd just be you no matter what other think or say. I know that's not an easy way to live but I picture you as strong.

Sorry for the hassle you've been going thru with housing and inspections. I hate to be beholden to others time schedules. Driver me nuts and gets me angry. And when I can't find things. Ughh the frustration.

And question... How do you manage to sew with cats?!? Lol when I hat my kitty ( she died last year) she would always sit on my sewing projects. I swear she knew the second I wanted to cut something. I'd lay it out all nice and flat and she'd mosey on over and lay down right in the middle. :roll:
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Dear Reisha,

Been catching up a bit with all yer ups and downs. I'm so sorry that life continues to be so complicated and challenging at times. Really awesome to read you still responding in a whirl of creativity. 😁. And in amongst that you are noticing some 'flags'.

Here with you, dear friend, as you ponder...

Warmly

Jitterbug
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi Reisha!

It occurred to me that there are are several fairly distinct styles of interacting with the forum. This is the most I've ever been involved in a forum and just learning how to manage the information and the BBS tools has been interesting. I'm sure the moderators could write volumes on both of these.

I approached it from the topic-driven style, where I generally only post in response to a particular topic that snags my interest. I noticed when I joined, there were a few people who had continuous threads, which may be like a "home base", and which give "process updates" that may or may not include specific questions or requests. I've seen this (rarely) on other forums, too, I had no idea how to interact with your posts.

Let me just state that I think that having your own topic is cool because if provides a kind of continuity as you get to know the person online. It's also easier to get to know people if we feel comfortable jumping in like Coconuts said.

My problem is that when I sit down at the desk, I usually have limited time, and I scan the new posts. If I see a post title with something new or different or in the moment in a sub-forum that I post in I'll reply immediately if time (and my brain)permits. If a post just has too much info for me to absorb I may skip it and move on. Then next time I log in, it's the same thing, and posts don't get read.
Focusing on a particular topic instead of one's forum thread organizes topical info better, and makes it easier to look things up but maybe , the person topic is important to convey a sense of Self. And that is pretty darned important(essential) for this forum, and I support this totally.

So we have topic focus and personal expression focus. We need them both, I'm going to w start asking people with personal threads how they feel about me just popping in if I have nothing profound or even meaningful.to say. That way I can be upfront with people and they can do that with me.

So, Reisha, is is ok if I just pop in with minimally a smiley or maybe a full post in response?. I'll try to do it more often because I do care about you. Bear in mind that I'm avoidant and fearful more than I express. And my empathetic crap can get me in a weird loop when a person is "in my mind"(totally my boundary issue) , and I've learned to back off before that gets too exhausting. But! Your energy in my life is a blessing and I'm gonna take it seriously because I want some more of your energy. (Smiles cosmic smile).

Sorry about your receipts, I know that you will look for them carefully. Try cold weather clothing you might have put away in the winter months. How do you travel to get the MO? Check cars, etc. My car is full of receipts!

P.S.Re: the army.

I think the private sector and civil government bureaucracies could do well to learn what real leadership is. My troops had live ammo and we did a lot of dangerous stuff together, and you'd better be a good leader (lotsa carrots and a few sticks, and just giving a damn.) to get those guys to follow you without "a mishap" of one kind or another. Corporate world is a nightmare. Soul sucking managers clawing and fighting to the top. And government agencies. Oh well. Be well.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear reisha

Wishing you very well for finding those receipts - you'd think that management would have records on computer to check

Craft ideas sound great. I forgot to look in Church foyer for baby and other knitting patterns; must note on phone calendar to do next week

How, if at all, were you affected by earth tremors?

Soft caring hugs for you; long caresses for felines
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
reisha

Post by reisha »

Oh
My
GOODNESS!

{{{Coconuts!!!}}}
Welcome to my 'home', & pls excuse the mess!! Btw, i have an open door policy, yer welcome any time. Im a lousy hostess, help yerself. Kitchens
--> that way, bathroom <--over there. Toys are ^up^ there on the shelf. Anything else, just ask. Thank ya so much for yer 'personality analysis'. Thats me to a t. (Ha! & a punny t at that!) Yes, im a rebel, a fighter for Justice, a prankster, & a whole lot else. Thank ya, for seein me so clearly. Im a lil teary, to know ive been True to myself , in spite of ...'life'. & thank ya too, for seein it aint easy bein me, lol. I am a rather 'intense' personality, when i wanna be. Not to mention, i tend toward bright, loud colors & 'extreme' fashion. When i 'dress' (as opposed to just tossin sum fabric on, i do so in a VERY over the top way.. heck, even in 'normal' clothing, i tend to stand out. I suspect its a ..'leftover' from the neglect - notice me!!
About cats(heheheh) my goo kitty is 16 & she rarely 'be-s bad any more, cept for sumtimes peein NEAR the catbox. Sproink is just a yearling, & is still curious & 'helpful', mostly inna supervisorial manner. The biggest prob is shes 'mouthy' , a chewer. Still teething, i guess.she constantly 'unthreads' the sew machine. Still, i am cat herder extroideraire, so, (eventually) i win.

{{{Jitterbug!!!}}}
Thank ya for droppin in!
Yeah, the flags... <sigh> wish i could see em in 'real time' insteada hindsite. Ino yer goin thru sum hard stuff rite now. It always means alot to me when ya stop by

{{{Easystreet!}}}
Thank ya for that. Yer observations bout how the site works. I, too, am a 'new posts' girl. & i think that mitve be where parta 'the prob' lies. Sumtimes, Stuff is happenin, AllOverEverywhere. Posts get bumped down, buried. & yeah, i think most folx read more than write here. Ino i do. & yeah to most else that ya say, bout a readers headspace.
As others have pointed out, & as ino to true, even for myself :o , life happens. Also true (IME) is ya often gotta make noise to get noticed. Perhaps thats why im so visually loud, as described to coconuts.
In case ya havna figgered it out, YES!▪!▪ its ok to drop into my thread ANY time, for ANY reason. Just remember - ya break it, ya buy it!😉

{{{Fleur!!!}}}
How wonderful to see ya! Been missin ya of late.
The reciepts - yeah, mngmnt has their records, showin i dinna pay in nov. Its on me to provide proof i did. Seems a lopsided way, but typical of such .... 'power inequitale enities'.
No, the quakes were don LA way, im up north, in the (larger) bay area. What scared me was the washington (state) tremblors. They dont usually haveas much quake activity as we do, altho theyre on faultlines too. So when both north AND south-a me is rockin & rollin, it makes me a lil .... paranoid that we're headin for 'the Big One' & all the pridictions. Out CA becommin an island are bout to come true. Otoh, given the current political climate here, that mite not be a bad thing😂
Sendin much love to ya & soxy

{{{{Alla us, everywhere!}}}}
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi reisha,

I was LOLing reading your response to Coconuts:
reisha wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:49 pm
Welcome to my 'home', & pls excuse the mess!! Btw, i have an open door policy, yer welcome any time. Im a lousy hostess, help yerself. Kitchens
--> that way, bathroom <--over there. Toys are ^up^ there on the shelf. Anything else, just ask.
I love it!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
reisha

Post by reisha »

{Easy!}
Well, its the truth!

Well, i was (semi) successful. Made my returns - store mngr VERY unhappy w me ( his prob, not mine!) & my bank balnce now just$7 shy of what i owe for rent. Got $57 in cash, && a shitload-a 'slop' (plan to sell sum on cl), so... it'll be a lean month, but i'll be ok. HUGE relief, to get this dealt w. Course, i still need to go to bank tmarra - do i walk the 16 blks (r/t) to the 'local' branch, or take the bus to the one dntn? Optin for the bus, as theres always less of aline zt that branch.

Its eerie outside. I live in a 'sanctuary' city/state, my area is traditionally heavily hispanic/latino. Lotsa black folx & asians too now, w a fair sprinkling of muslims. Its like a ghosttown. Almost NO ONE on the streets. I was dntn, chinatn, a few other districts & places. A few white & black folx out, asians out, but hardly a single muslim or latino. Fuck trump & his ICE raids!!! Terrorizin an entire nation, to hopefully round up only 2k or so 'suspects' on the deportation lists. I hata that ive come to the point where i wish his head would just explode. I hate almost everything the guy stands for. But i really, really wish his damn head would just fukkin EXPLODE!!!!
(not) sorry for the foulmouthed rant
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

reisha, I am reading your thread! :D

{{{reisha!}}}

I can certainly drop by more if you don't mind short messages, that as (I think) Easy mentioned don't always cover everything you've posted (because my brain sometimes just stops short or remembers bits and pieces and I worry I'll miss something important).

<3 to you and people re; ICE "raids" though, it's just awful. I'm right there with you wanting unpleasant situations to just suddenly resolve themselves into something far more humane, respectful and kind for all. Sigh.

Love the description of your watercolour quilting, that sounds beautiful! Especially the puzzling out of the "best" or preferred patterns you want to make with the pieces, that really appeals somehow to me. :)

Best wishes to you and your week. :)
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Ugh on the ice raids. Terrifying people. Right there with you on the anger at that. The lack of humanity and selfishness of people. Not just Trump but a million people who agree with him.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.