Another newbie

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

itscleo

Another newbie

Post by itscleo »

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. I was abused growing up by my stepfather. I'm in my early 40s now. I've had a lot of therapy- most of my 20s I was in a very intensive 4 day a week therapy program. I also started slowly going to school and improving my life. I was in more typical weekly therapy in my 30s off and on.

So I had a lot of support and worked hard and was able to learn how to take care of myself and build an okay life for myself. The biggest thing for me was finishing school and starting to work and support myself. That was my goal for many years. I have that now, and I have worked through a lot of the abuse issues (definitely not all!), but I'm still very isolated. I don't have many friends, I spend a lot of time alone. I'm not very good at connecting with people irl.

I don't have a lot of contact with most of my immediate family bc of the abuse, and other reasons. This is still painful for me and one of my biggest challenges is just letting myself feel that when I need to- the grief over it all.

I was in another forum for abuse survivors a long time ago, and it shut down, and I really missed it. Unfortunately there are things that we all can share and understand that others can't, and I missed being part of a community.

Other things about me I dunno, I am very active physically and that has helped me to stay grounded. I like watching sports- mostly basketball and baseball. I'm Canadian. But I don't like hockey ironically :)
coconuts

Re: Another newbie

Post by coconuts »

Welcome, hope you find the comfort you desire. This is a great place to share with other survivors.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Booklover

Post by Booklover »

Hi and welcome to our little corner of the web. We are a friendly group and laugh to have a laugh as a way to relax and have some fun in the darkness
Booklover

I will become a survivor not a victim

Gentle (((((hugs))))) 🤗if ok
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hiya {itscleo!} <-- safe hug, if ok(?)

Welcome.
Sorry to know ya have need, yet glad ya found us.
May yer healing gently continue
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi itscleo

A very warm welcome from me 😉
Not a hockey fan, but? Are you watching the FIFA Women’s World Cup? I am ready for the final tomorrow between USA and Netherlands. Should be an awesome game.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
itscleo

Post by itscleo »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Jonesy I don't watch a lot of soccer, but Rapinoe seems cool. Not sure if I will be able to catch the game or not.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content