the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Xanthia

Re: the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

Post by Xanthia »

Welcome rybeana and hi coconuts, Booklover. Glorious sunset - great idea to sit outside. Who shall be the first to see a star?
Xanthia
rybeana

Post by rybeana »

Hi so nice to meet you Xanthia - i notice you are wishing on that shooting star that just flew across the sky leaving a trail of wishing dust behind.
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Wishing dust? Oooh... We can ALL make a wish.
Xanthia
Booklover

Post by Booklover »

Oh wishing dust now what to wish for.

(This gives me an idea for a new game in place to relax)
Booklover

I will become a survivor not a victim

Gentle (((((hugs))))) 🤗if ok
Booklover

Post by Booklover »

If you want to see my wish will have to pop over to 'A Place to Relax' board :lol: :lol: (Could do with a few more people playing)
Booklover

I will become a survivor not a victim

Gentle (((((hugs))))) 🤗if ok
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

I used to wish on every star every night when I was little until I fell asleep. Sort of a happy sad memory. Full of sadness and hope. I really just knew I could get out someday, somehow. And look. I did! I still love to stare and look at the stars. So pretty. Glad I live in the middle of nowhere, we can see Soo Soo many stars. We have world famous star pictures taken here. It brings me peace and calm.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
rybeana

Post by rybeana »

We all deserve that to have that wish, as nosy as I am I will ask what you wished for.

I have always loved the stars, takes me back to a happy place where everything can be forgotten. And coconuts you are lucky to be in such a place to be able to freely see those stars with out any light pollution.

And I may just head over to play the game with you booklover :-)
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi, just thought I'd stop by. I haven't been here before.
I love butterflies, they give me hope.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Ha rybeana I didn't realize I never answered your question. So sorry.

My wish evolved when j realized the previous wish didn't work. At first I wished for a mommy. My dad didn't do anything with me. He just locked me in my room. I would go to daycare then back to my room. At daycare the other kids talked about their mommys and I wanted one so bad. They sounded like everything I ever wanted. They said that mommies loved you and took care of you and combed your hair and all sorts of things. I wanted someone to love me so I sat on my bed and started in the corner of my window and wished on every single star cause I wasn't sure which one was a wishing star. So I figured I needed to try them all. I would fall asleep before I got through very many stars.

Then when I got a mommy and she was really bad and mean I wished for my real mommy to come rescue me and take me away. Eventually I learned what she did and I stopped wishing for people to save me. I just started wishing for a chance to be a mommy myself. If I couldn't have a mommy I wanted to be one. ( That wish came true... 8 +times over !!! Lol)

It's sorta a sad but also fond memory. I think because I was taking action. And there was hope. I hadn't given up on the world
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know that we have extended our opening hours at the cafe over the next week or so.
In fact? We will be open 24/7. We know this can be a difficult time of year for some of you, so please feel free to stop by for a chat and some company. There is only one expectation... bring a plate of something yummy to share ;)

I have set up a table by the wall for the food, plumped up all the cushions and lit the fire.
The lighting is low, but welcoming, and the coffee machine is on.

I brought a bowl of crunchy red and green grapes (and some home-made chocolate chip cookies).
Settling down to read while I wait for someone to pop in.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org