There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Noname

Re: There: 2019

Post by Noname »

Here with you, there. You are strong and capable. You got this. It's ok to cry if you need that release.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi there,

I don’t know what section 8 means, but it sounds like it’s linked to housing?
When Basic needs like shelter, food, Etc. are potentially affected, I personally find it really hard to find calm in the midst of that.

I know you have a huge basket of well developed skills to draw on and I hope that things might be less bumpy in this area soon.

Couragetoday
there

Post by there »

coconuts, df, Nn, Ct,
Thanks so much for you're supportive posts. Wow, got through that section 8 interview okay. Pros and cons to getting a section 8 voucher. It would enable me to search for an apartment and moved from this building. Section 8 pays a lender to certain amount section 8 pays a landlord a certain amount for the voucher holder. Like I said pros and cons. I had a similar voucher. Then Apartment building I lived in was sold. New landlord wouldn't accept about your anymore, so I got in here an emergency basis. The fun never ends! I won't have the voucher for maybe another year, I think.

Maybe cried a little bit. Change is scary and also exciting, it's true.

Cleared off my entire art table and two shelves of my teaching drama supplies. It was a start. Personal organizer is quite nice And all business. We just stood there going through every little item. It's definitely a plus! I need her to come back. This will be a process, oh yeah.

It helps to real-time strong incapable to read from you that I am bettering my situation, strong, capable, resourceful, with a huge basket of well-developed skills to draw on. Thanks for all the affirmation!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Sounds like you are getting lots done with the organizer. How cool. It is freeing to get organized in my opinion.
Section 8 sounds like a long wait. A long time for that nervous energy to swirl. I think I would have to consciously box that up and put it away so as not to dwell on it too much. Then pull it out when needed or when the time gets closer.
Yay for you. So much change but there is an excitement for betterment there.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

Coconuts,
Thanks for posting!
Section 8 is at best a mixed blessing. I have no problem waiting, and nervousness was brief, about the meeting. I’m not certain it will work out when I get a voucher. And that’s ok.

Organizing...Before PTS from abuse, I was very organized. I have training in organizational communications. I do NOT want to backslide as I regain.

Yes, betterment is plan on several fronts, and pretty much my life story. Hopefully, it will be more financial betterment, because I’ve sure accomplished a truckload of health and personal betterment.

Just pretty tired after acupuncture, followed immediately by 90 minutes of full on sorting, organizing. Really supposed to rest after acupuncture, but I wanted things done so I could have weekend for art, and some kind of escape or adventure like last Sunday.
Last Sunday, took train with Tula to go to museum. Made an acquaintance on the way. She lives near me. We spent beautiful afternoon going 1st to museum, then wandering about shoppes, getting ice cream, chatting. It’s possible I have a new friend. She’s a researcher at one of the hospitals here.
My brother’s dog, Biscuit died yesterday. Bro was in process of getting dog a wheelie for back legs.
My father came to SIL in a dream right before Biscuit passed. Dad gave SIL a hug. SIL was usually pretty aloof with my Dad. So Dad will be walking Biscuit in the sweet by and by. Tula will be with Dad one day, too.
I had just asked Dad to come to me in a dream. He came to SIL. Good enough for me.
Noname

Post by Noname »

there,

I have to admit, I've been watching a TON of videos on YouTube of people organizing their houses. Living vicariously through them, as I don't have anything at the moment that needs to be organized. Lol. They are, however, giving me some ideas for things I'd like to try out in the future.

So glad to hear you may have made a new friend. It sounds like it was a good day. And, very sorry to hear about your brother's dog, but the image of your father and Biscuit keeping each other company is beautiful.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

There. So fun that you made a new friend.

I love organizing. It makes me feel in control. It makes me feel productive and like I've just accomplished something. It's visible and tangible. My classroom is often somewhat chaotic after dealing with all those kids all day. We have places for everything but usually the top of my desk turns into utter chaos. Throughout the day students, the principal, parents, it seems like everyone hands me things and they just get out on my desk. After a while it's a heaping massive mess. I always keep the doors neatly organized though so I can just open them up, look inside anf breath and sign of relief lol.

So sad about your brothers pup, but cool your sil saw your dad in a dream. When my sister passed away last fall it was obviously very sad, but one of her dogs had passed away about 6 months prior and all of us could just thing about her with her pup. Then about three weeks after she died her other dog died. And we just held this image in our mind of her running along the lake with her two beloved dogs. My sister had been blind for about 8 years before her passing. Prior to that she had been very active, running, and hiking. And now she could do all that with her two best friends. It was a very comforting image.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi there,

Thanks for explaining about section 8. It sounds like a really neat program (?) with the exception of what you explained With new landlords being able to deny it! I’m sorry that uncertainty is part of it.

I was smiling to read about how you made a new acquaintance, and possibly a new friend. That’s fantastic! I really hope it unfolds nicely for both of you.

That sounds very special, what you explained about your dad. Thanks for sharing it here.

Hope you are able to have the adventure you were thinking of this weekend.

Couragetoday
there

Post by there »

Courage today, coconuts, no name,
Thanks for everything you said. I really appreciate your words.

I don't know how much the new acquaintance will grow into a friendship, but I texted her a photo of Tula. She thanked me, adding an 'x'. I'm not going to push it.

I'm Very sorry about your sister coconuts. Thank you for sharing that sweet image of her running along the lake with her dogs.

I'm hoping to visit another friend whom I met in a PTSD support group a few years ago. D has had cancer. It might take me an hour on public transportation. We're planning it. I'm pretty happy about this.

It's the fourth of July! Tula needed comfort already from fireworks last night. I swaddled her and gave her Valerian. Fortunately, there were few bursts and crackles. Tonight might be louder and longer. :shock:

At the moment, besides dictating here, (does that make me a dictator?! LOL), I'm feeling my body touching the bed, and sensing my peripheral vision.
Oh, and consciously breathing. This practice of presence has been helping me throughout the day. My obsessive thinking is greatly reduced. This feels really good!

I feel so fortunate to have friends here :)
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi there,

I hope you got to visit your friend as it sounded like something important to you.

My dog is not a fan of fireworks either but this year some were visible from my back deck.
He actually stayed out there with me watching them while I reassured him.
It was a nice feeling.

Great Grounding strategies to get you through the day.
Moments of not being caught up in thinking spirals absolutely feels good! I’m happy that you have the skills and ability to experience those moments.

Hoping your week is going well,

Couragetoday