I just joined.

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

zlagv

I just joined.

Post by zlagv »

I just joined, and the amazing opening post by Jonesy inspired me to actually post a "new member" message. I first saw the guidelines mention that it was recommended to do so, but the warmth of Jonesy's message to newbies persuaded me, so I thank them for that.

I am 32 years old and a victim of both childhood sexual abuse, and later, an abusive marriage. We divorced and I am now married to a loving, respectful, compassionate man and have a wonderful little girl. I have, since she was born, lost 100+ pounds and am in the best physical shape of my life. I've gone through better and worse periods of mental health; I was last in therapy in January 2018. Objectively things are great but I'm always suffering inside to a greater or lesser extent. I've lately been desperate for some peer-to-peer support but could not find any in-person support groups in my area. I may not have looked very hard; doing so is hard in and of itself. But I'm relieved to have found this website and resolve to put my very best foot forward here.
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
Flifflo

Re: I just joined.

Post by Flifflo »

Hello zlagv,

Welcome. I think you will find this a very welcoming community. I have found a lot to relate to and relief in expressing things here. I hope you do too.

Warmly,
Flifflo
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. Glad you found us.
Coconuts
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Welcome to isurivive, zlagv. I'm sorry for the reasons but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi zlagv

Adding my warm welcome to the mix ๐Ÿ˜‰
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi zlagv

What ^they^ said

Sending gentle support
Last edited by Serenity on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbor

Post by Harbor »

Welcome zlagv

You are among friends who can empathize with you, regardless of where you are in your journey toward recovery. After awhile you will likely find that seeking in-person support seems less daunting. We're here for you.
"'Safe Harbor' is a state of mind... it's the place - in reality or metaphor - to which one goes in times of trouble or worry. It can be a friendship, marriage, church, garden, beach, poem, prayer, or song." -Luanne Rice
AStarIsTorn

Post by AStarIsTorn »

Hi zlagv,

I'm also new here, also 32 with a little one, and also trying to navigate support groups. I definitely relate to suffering inside while appearing to have it all together. You're not alone, and I guess I'm not either.
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Definitely a common theme here. I've got it all together with this mask on. Underneath it's a chaotic mess.
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.