reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

reishas 2019 thread

Post by reisha »

time to start a new year. my b-day is in a lil more'n a wk, so here we go.

kinda a bummer to start this w/ the kaveNOT bs, but its heavy in my mind, in almost everyones. certainly THE Topic on the streets....
i have so many thots bout it. mostly, that it *shouldna* be political <heavy sigh!>. im so pissed that Flake ADMITTED he never woulda called for the investigation if he were runnin for re-election. that will be swept aside, what w/ all the other 'issues' to blather about. to me, its a huge glaring spotlite on Whats WRONG w/ this country. all the more reason to have term limits. - its SPOSTA be bout public service!!! so, do yer service, then get out & go live yer life, do sumtin else, find another way to serve. but ya dont get to get rich on the taxpayers backs. <When *IM* Queen....!!!>
the 2 women who confronted Flake in the elevator deserve the highest medals of bravery, IMO. had it not been for them, i dont think Flake woulda asked for the investigation. & yet, they will probly at best be minor footnotes to this whole thing. (otoh, they may not want the pulicity) but i think they, perhaps even more than Dr Ford have created impact in alla this.
i found it empowering (but very sad) that RAINN hadda 150+% increase in calls while the hearings were goin on. so too, did senators offices, newsrooms, & other assault/rape orgs. thats sayin sumtin. in conjunction w/ the 'me too' movement, women are finally sick & tired enuff of keepin The Secret, finally feelin safe enuff, supported enuff to speak out.
this is DEF changing the culture - but to what, is yet to be seen.
a prof did an exercise - drew a line down the whiteboard, one side male, the other female. he asked the men in the class what things they did to stay safe, protect themselves. there was silence, looks of befuddlement. then he asked the women the same thing. the list was long - threadin keys thru fingers, carryin mace or pepper spray, lookin in back seat b4 enterin car, goin w/ a friend, etc.....
point proven.
when i was growin up, there was no such thing as 'date rape'. - it was kinda the price-a bein female. loookin back, i can say i was date assaulted/raped more'n 100 times. they werent violent. but it was easier to give in than to 'cause a scene' . & gawd forbid, i get a rep as a 'cock tease'; no, i gotta rep as a slut. seems those were the only 2 labels girls had, if they dated. the 'nice girls', the 'good girls' either dinna date, or were 'goin steady'.
these f'd up mentalities, (patriarchal culture) have a long HIStory. women as lesser beings, chattel.
it also bothers me that this is mainly bein seen as a womens issue - its not - i wish men felt safe enuff to let folx know it happens to them too. its a HUMAN issue - its about how we treat each other, how we think about each other.
& another (few) things bout kavenaugh - they way he was beyond angry. beligerant, even hostile to his questioners - at the end-a the day, this is a JOB interview - he conducted himself inna way where i wouldna wanna hire him for ANYthing. - ok, lets *ass u me* hes innocent - yeah, id be angry too. yet to say its 'ruined' his fam leads me to believe he dunna have very strong bonds - a strong fam would be seriously dinged by this, but able to withstand it.
& the beer-beer-beer stuff - ya cant have it both ways. as much as he yakked bout his love of beer, i CANT believe hes never passed out, perhaps even BLACKED out. so, on the drinking alone, i suspect hes lying.
there have been several-many times when ive been ashamed to be american (i even tried to renounce my citizenship durin the 1st bushwar - but, thats another tell). but this debacle takes the cake.

well, this has been very rambly, kinda ranty & big in my head.
if im lucky, i'll get the best b-day gift of all next tues, when they do the full senate vote. (sumhow, i doubt he WONT be confirmed....)
thanks for readin!

{{{{ISURVIVE!!!}}}
Last edited by Ashia on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to ST for use of profanity
there

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by there »

reisha,
I hear you. I really think those 2 women in the elevator were heroic, too!

What is violence? Tricky subject to me. I got PTSI from a T who basically gaslit and then yelled judgments at me. Did he physically assault me? Didn't have to. I was violated by his words and attitude, probably hate speech. This was my 'learning experience'.

I was called a something tease by a guy once. I had just been kissing him. Crikey!

Always putting the burden for sexual morality on women. You were dressed in a low cut sweater. A 'friend' , after I told her about a date rape attempt,
said to me, "You don't go walking around looking like a victim!!!" Not sure how that's even possible to do. Goodbye, phony friend #----. Oh, and she laughed at me about my story. She was a survivor of rape.

Kavanaugh looks and acts so immature. He's been coddled by his rich white male privilege all his life.

Sigh.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

Good point on 'violence, there. I totally think violence extends to non-physical.(emotional, psych, etc) - to me, if I hadda define the term, it'd be .... any action (& I consider speaking an action) that has the intent to be hurtful orharmful. -i guess in that sense, I kinda equate 'violence' w/ 'abuse. There's emotional abuse; ergo there's emotional violence.
Last edited by Ashia on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
there

Post by there »

reisha,
Wow! Thank you, reisha! Brilliant term---'emotional violence'> Way to go. I agree that speaking is an action!

Btw, sorry that those guys thought it was okay when it wasn't. You and your body, mind, feelings, spirit, soul deserved your own sovereignty.

In junior high, a girl wore a lot of eyeliner. Her last name sounded something like the word 'slut', so she got called that by others for no good reason except prevailing sexism.

I can't read about or watch this KavaNOT thing anymore this week.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Reisha

Thank you for sharing about so many differences in the human condition. That whiteboard exercise you mentioned is profoundly significant - men didn't know what Prof was talking about; women knew all too well

Feel very sad about the way you were treated, your "rep"; takes two to engage - hopefully, you've worked through any fallout?

Wishing you a very happy, peaceful weekend
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

This November, I'm voting in reisha for QUeEn!
DewDrop

Post by DewDrop »

hi reisha,

glad to be here in your new thread. I thouroughly appreciate the rant. I’m truely sorry for all the unacceptable garbage that you have had to deal with in your life. Your feelings are as legit as it gets.

Thinking I’ll compile words from anyone interested, to deliver to Sue, if she is ever allowed back in this state.

I hope this is ok... I can move this to my thread if doesn’t feel good here.. You know I love you. Not to take away from the sexism that you’ve described(and of course i strongly agree exists in this society), but if i were in that class, and a prof asked me what i do as a male to stay safe, i would keep my mouth shut and pretend that i do nothing to stay safe. Of course that is not true, as every move i make is with hypervigilant focus on staying safe. That is part of the messed up conditioning which we all recieve. Males are expected to act invulnerable, strong. My experience as a male is that not putting up a strong front, makes me appear vulnerable to those who look to take advantage. Weak appearing males who are vulnerable, like “me”, are extreamly susceptible to abuse. No is not an answer that is allowed to come out of my mouth. I would guess that more women than men get date raped, but I know I have many a time as well, and been pressured for sex, have had countless innapropriate sexual comments made to and about me from both men and women and bosses and people of influence etc. it sucks. noone should have to deal with any of it. Im one of the few who will talk about this, but if i did in my community, i would be ridiculed, and probably looked at with suspiscion, and would than be openly vulverable. I have a patient/client, whom I have recently helped get liberated from His abuser. This client is a survivor, and has been controled by his most recent abuser for over ten years, since he was a teenager. It happens all the time, yet we hear about these things happening so infrequently. I think it is great that abuse is a headline topic today. I do verymuch hope that eventually it can be seen that sexual harrassment and abuse are not gender issues, they are human issues.

Love,

dewdrop
Last edited by Ashia on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
reisha

Post by reisha »

{{{{{DEWDROP!!!!!}}}}}}}

HELL YEAH ITS OK TO SAY THAT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: THIS NEW THREAD, THIS NEXT (oops!) Yrs topics will be heavily political, ESP concern the US, ESP as relates to our HEALING. FFEEL FREE TO CHIME IN, FEEL SAFE TO QUIETLY READ & LEARN, BUT PLS, AT ALL TIMES, BE THE BEAUTIFUL, RESPECTUFL COMMUNITY WE ARE. PROFANITY MUST NOT BE DIRECTED TOWARD EACH OTHER.
THANK YA, YA'VE BEEN WARNEED

Carry on....

SOOO much...
New meds & pain flare, & helper(!)(?),
New poly-tix-me-off reps,
New developments on old shit......

HELPER1 is now backup, have int'viewin helper 2 (thing 1 & thing 2?)....
Worse pain flare in 4 yrs, lidoc shine gel + other gel I already use, + 12 wks @ 1-2x/w water PT....

GOT PLUNK BURIED!!!!!! - last wk, b4 the fridge went out over last wknd (whew!)

Hanna 'gotten over the synagogue m
Wkly massacre b4 the wkly paradise wildfire overshadowed, b4 the thousand oaks fire *trumps* all...

Since both sides are unhappy,I'd say its a good election.<que yer fave 'local issue' rant...>
T'hell w/ all this stubborn eyeee-ore old white guy b.s. bout red/blue. (For all his whiteness, he's forgotten whites the 3rd color we fly.) When ya mix white w/ blue, it's still called Blue. When ya mix red w blue, it turns purple. When ya mix white w red, it turns pink.

So! Let it be a penis-pussy-pissed-off-pink-&-purple-power wave of sanity that rolls across these multiverses!!!!!

I wanna support more-a whatcha said, dood-too diff to type more now

Love 2 eveeyone!!!
Last edited by Ashia on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to ST for use of profanity
there

Post by there »

reisha,
:) Was hoping you'd post soon!

"Since both sides are unhappy,I'd say its a good election.<que yer fave 'local issue' rant" Brilliant!
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi reisha,

It’s good to read an update from you.
Sounds like lots going on.
Continuing to think of you.

Couragetoday