For the Newbies and Those Thinking of Joining

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Shirley

Re: For the Newbies and Those Thinking of Joining

Post by Shirley »

Hi, I’m new here but I know that was written some years ago but it’s scary how spot on those words are for me. I’m scared as hell to be writing this but I figure it can’t get much worse And i am already exhausted and tried so many other things. But one thing I have never tried is talking to people who have been through the same things as me. Maybe they might understand me maybe they won’t. Feeling no one understands me at all or cares is not a nice way to live. I have no idea where I am on my journey but thank you,
Thank you for writing those beautiful words.
There is always a silver lining.
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Hi Shirley,

Welcome! It’s wonderful to meet you although I am so sor for whatever the reasons are you find yourself here. I hope you find this place and these amazing, beautiful people as supportive and loving as I have.

Wishing you peace...iwillthrive
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Shirley,

Welcome to a safe haven of the Web.

Talking with people who had similar experiences as myself was a breakthrough for me.

May you find the support you would like here.

With care,
Xanthia
solana

Post by solana »

Wow. I just joined and this is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you.
You are stronger than you know.
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi solana,

Welcome to our friendly corner of the Web.

Although sad for the reason you joined, am very happy you are here.

Wishing you very well in all respects.

With care,
Xanthia
flowermelt

Post by flowermelt »

You really hit the nail on the head for how I felt and still feel! I added my first post in Creative Writing and felt so much better after I had expressed how I felt and let it all out to others. Thank you for this fantastic place, I have only been a member for a day but I already feel safe and so much more hopeful about life. xxx
Last edited by Harbor on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Welcome to iSurvive flowermelt. Lovely to meet you, even though 2D and knowing partly why you are here - for which reason I also feel sorry

Here's to your healing journey
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Magpie

Post by Magpie »

Thank you for this, it has resonated with me and what I’m going through and have been through. It’s my first time on here, so hello to you all. I lit a candle tonight whilst reading in the forum, not sure why it just felt like the right thing to do. Thanks again.
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Magpie,

Welcome to a friendly part of the Web.

May you find what you seek here.

With care,
Xanthia
Pacnw

Post by Pacnw »

Hello to anyone who may be reading this. Although I cannot mention my name, it's not important at all to this type of "chat room". I have been living with CPTSD since I was a small child. I was told growing up that my violent emotions were just a part of growing up. What I see now after a short but intensive time period with a great therapist is that my family refused to address the constant events in mine and my sisters lives. This stems from a familial history of abuse going generations back. I always wondered why it felt like I was on the outside looking in at my own life. When I finally decided to reach out for help I was realizing that I was going days without remembering what smaller things I was doing with my time. A short time into therapy I realized that I was at a near constant state of dissociation. At first going to therapy was relieving but then I started to unravel and identify the symptoms that I had been trying to cope with for twenty plus years and things got overwhelming fast. My first flashback that happened when I was able to identify what it was, truly feels like it ruined my life. It opened up a floodgate that distanced me from everyone around me. Nothing felt safe or comforting after it happened. To this day, it still feels that way but to a lesser degree and I think that I'm just in the thick of it. Anyway, I came here because I really need to try different avenues of help. The people around me, even my sisters, they just don't give the weight it deserves and I'm tired of feeling like this is my burden to bear alone. I just refuse to believe that to be true. I know my fight has gotten me this far without succumbing to the darkness that has surrounded me my whole life. So that is why I came here, why I searched for CPTSD forums in google, I need a place to feel like someone just gets it.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included