facing facts

Discussion area for adult survivors who are afraid they might hurt others physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally. Also an area for those who have harmed someone physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally and want to heal. Sexual addiction can also be discussed.

Moderators: Harmony, Aspen, ajei

facingmytruth

facing facts

Post by facingmytruth »

Think sometimes its easier. To live with what we know than to think its possible to live and be free. Easier to live with what we deserve.easier to stop fighting it and face facts. Easier than believing we deserve to b with someone and b happier .easier to admit they win.better the devil we know so to speak. Am not fighting anymore.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: facing facts

Post by Harmony »

Dear facingmytruth,

Sending your courage and strength to do whatever you can to make your life your own.

with care,
Harmony
facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth »

I can't do this n my own anymore .can't afford counselling.Am afraid of my own thoughts
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi facingmytruth,

There are other of ways to work this painful stuff other than therapy. Things that helped others include self help groups, bibliotherapy, dbt classes/reading, and mindfulness practices. If you really want therapy you might seek care at a teaching facility. There is no simple magic solution. It all involves hard work that requires making difficult changes in yourself. I wish there was an easy way. The only way I know is to "face the truth" ;)
and move through. You can heal and feel better. Post more about what is going on if you wish.

with care,
Harmony
facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth »

I feel like I'm starting to shut off completely.one min I'm ok the next I'm switching off.the thoughts of wanting to be gone r coming more and more.I want to be left alone and sometimes it feel the only way for that to happen is if I'm gone. My daughter has even wished me dead.can someone actually tell me what I'm here for. What is the point to all this.I don't actually no.I no I'm talking carp.I no that. I just want those thoughts to stop. I'm drained.I've had enough.
Waterfall

Post by Waterfall »

Hi facingmytruth,
Sorry you are feeling this way, have you looked into some charity based Counselling?
I couldn't afford Counselling but I plucked up the courage to talk to my GP and I was signposted to the IAPT services for a 16 week trauma program and then they helped me to look into some charity based Counselling. I understand about shutting down, it's very painful to address these memories.
I think mindfulness practice is a good idea, I also practice meditation and yoga.
Writing your feelings out in a journal, could also help.
I feel the only way to heal completely is to put the work in, face the pain that has been hidden for too long and try to process it and work through it.
But I understand how difficult this is.
Take care.