Reflections & Thanks

An area for important announcements and reminders regarding isurvive.
This section will keep you updated with what's going on within our organization.

Moderator: Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Reflections & Thanks

Post by Jonesy »

Jonesy wrote:As we continue to preserve the legacy established by those who have gone before us, I want to commend the current team for their continued presence and hard work. I think that so often, it accidentally goes forgotten that all who have and continue to work here are volunteers who juggle their own healing and everyday living with their commitment to isurvive. I also want to thank each of our members who care and support one another, without whom there would be no isurvive.
It seems like no time at all since I wrote those words - and I think they are as true today as they were last year.

I have a moment I wanted to share and I hope it's ok...

In my garden I planted an evergreen climber, which flowers in spring with scented white flowers, in memory of Lori (our previous Director). I am nurturing snowdrops around the base of this plant.
Bearing in mind that recently our weather has been dull, cold and drizzly? The other day I went out to look if the snowdrops had appeared. Made me smile to see them. I reached forward to rub one of the leaves of the climber and, as I said 'Thanks for all you did for me', the sun came out.
I am not a divine believer. But I like to think there was something in that moment.

You guys rock. We believe in each other - and that's our magic.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
recover

Post by recover »

dearest jonesy,
you rock too. thank you for sharing that.
i did not know Lori, i joined just after she died. but my heart goes out to all who were touched by her.

i appreciate you and the team here every single day.
love,
recover
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

5 years.
Where did it go?

Always gonna be grateful to Lori for holding this place before me. I remain just me.
Snowdrops are in full bloom here ;)

ps All of you members humble me again and again - you really are amazing
You are important

recover

Post by recover »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((jonesy))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
thank you everyday.
recover xoxoxo
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Thankyou Jonesy
Thankyou isurvive
thankyou tec people, moderators and members past and present

stronger together

hopeful
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

iSurvive, all the staff, including Lori's spirit!-
Thank you so much for making this forum without the "Thread Views count" feature. On top of everything we are going through, that would have been one heck of a nasty trigger. Too many support forums include it, and it's refreshing to finally receive this gift of lovingkindness.
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

8-)
You are important

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear ChipmunksRunFree,

What a kind post. Jonesy is very thoughtful. I totally agree with you. Post counts mean nothing and add nothing. We are not trying for numbers or posts but for healing. There is no popularity contest here. The line YOU are important here is true. Each member is as important as the other.

You are so valued here. Yes you.
Adding my thanks to Jonesy,
Harmony
SpiritPainter

Post by SpiritPainter »

I am new at this authentic communicating with others about what is important thing you all do so well, but just so you know and you will know who you are... a shout-out thanks. I believe this will help me obtain the best information out there right now and I'm really not alone in this mire of madness called recovery. So thanks right back at ya.
Last edited by ajei on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger from MT to NT
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Not sure what happened this time last year. Sorry I didn’t leave any words but the thanks, as always, were in my heart.

This is testament to where the years go and of how we keep on keeping on. To all who went before us, to those walking with us right now and for those yet to find us.

You rock
You are important