Guided Imagery

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

hummingbird

Guided Imagery

Post by hummingbird »

For the past several days I've been working with practicing yoga while listening to guided imagery for betrayal, abandonment and heartbreak. I'm cry throughout the session, but feel so calm and peaceful when I'm finished.

The imagery is paired with calming music that is really activating and soothing at the same time. I'm willing to try it for awhile because I really need the comfort and peace I'm feeling after I'm done.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Guided Imagery

Post by Jonesy »

Hi hummingbird

Sounds like those are much needed healing tears being released. Much kudos for embracing this rough work.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Thank you, Jonesy, for your kind words!
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

I've backed off from combining the guided imagery with my yoga practice. Today I just did the yoga and my pain dissolved. The last time I used the imagery the pain was so intense! I cried and cried. Today after yoga I'm feeling better with more peace and just a little heartache right now. So grateful and relieved for this break!