a letter to little me

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

greendiva23

Re: a letter to little me

Post by greendiva23 »

Starfish,

Really happy to hear this this thread resonated with you. It's not an easy one for me to post on so I'm not here a lot, but I think there is a lot of room for healing for me here.

Thanks for stopping by♡

Greendiva
~~Rule your mind or it will rule you~~
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Dear little me,

You are coming out so strongly lately. I hear you. Really, I do. What you lived through was awful, and you deserved more. I'm really working to try and be able to take care of you now, and to start to let the people around me who can help in to help. Like bf and T. I'm having a hard time expressing how sad I am about what happened to you. I think you deserve to have your pain recognized, but there is still a lot of shame there. I'm sorry for that, but I'm going to keep trying.

That's all I can manage for now. I hope this helps you a little bit. I'm here for you now.

Greendiva
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

greendiva23, I just found this thread and love it. It's so soothing to me to read your words, it soothes the child-in-me, the heart of me.

This seems to be the key for me, being kind to and validating the little one inside. Thank you for reminding me to be tender to myself.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

greendiva23 wrote:Dear little - me,

You are a good daughter. You are smart, you are pretty, and you are creative. You are able to do it on your own, but you don't have to. You are worthwhile, and you deserve to have your needs met.

I love you, little me.

Signed, Me

greendiva,

This made little sheepie cry. Helping me to grieve my childhood losses as well.

Thank you!

Sheep
there

Post by there »

greendiva,
i really like reading what you say here. :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

Having a shame attack/emotional flashback.

I was very strong in a situation I was just in. Being strong for another person. Encouraging her, telling her to be gentle with herself. My friend left and my heart sank.

I was left with me and I was not OK.

I need to write a letter to little me right now.

Dear Little Me,

You are beautiful in your soul and in your heart.
You deserve to treat yourself like you treat others. You are worth it.
It is a lie that you deserve nothing. Please do not believe the lie.
You have a great smile and your eyes light up. You love to connect so do not be afraid. Believe that you have tremendous value, just be being you.
You do not have to try to prove yourself to others....just be who you are and relax.
Keep believing and trusting yourself that you are enough, no matter how you feel.
Everything really is OK and there really is nothing to be afraid of.
Starfish
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Wow Starfish, what an absolutely beautiful letter. I am certain your little me loved every single word. I know my little me certainly paid close attention while I read it, and she likes it very much. How did it feel to write it? I hope there are many more letters like that to come from you to your little-me. I also hope you are in a better place today♡♡♡

Sending you all my love, Starfish.

Xo, Greendiva
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

thanks for the encouragement greendiva. I just re-read it and am so happy I was able to express myself like that. It is a huge step to get there with me in that moment and I will trust to have many more beautiful moments with my little self as I continue on my journey to make her very safe. Thanks for starting this thread....I knew where to post it when I had the thought to write to little me! XOXO to you and your little self.....I think someday mine may want to play with yours...when they are ready, of course
Starfish
greendiva23

Post by greendiva23 »

Dear little-me,

Did you notice everything that happened this past week? :):) I hope so. I can't believe I am able to have these thoughts for us, but it's happening! I finally GET it. Guess what? I am not worthless, and neither are you. You, in fact, are absolutely lovely. You are so cute and you are such a genuinely good little girl. You choose to care for you dolls and be a little mommy to them over any other game that you could be doing. You care for your stuffed dog like a real pet. You really just love to nurture, and I think that's a really important gift. I know how happy you are to hear all of this and I'm so happy that I was able to tell you so now we're just both happy:)

Love, Greendiva
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

greendiva, xxxooo...beautiful, encouraging words to little you.
Starfish