Finally, it happened!

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Sheep

Re: Finally, it happened!

Post by Sheep »

Moose9092,

Yes, this is an old post now. Long story short...I know longer live with my son but only moved about 15 miles away. Had more family betrayal and needed to separate myself from the situation. He is working now and just obtained his own medical insurance but not driving yet (this is part of the disharmony between my cousin and I whom my son still lives with). What a wonderful parent that you invested in your son! My son's dad and stepmom wanted to place him in an institution and that's when my parents and I stepped in (when he was in the 11th grade a couple years ago). I could not continue living with my parents due to the PTSD (my dad is one of my original abusers - alcoholic and physically abusive). So I moved away again but now after my son graduated from high school, he too moved to the same state where I live back in August. Thank you for sharing and relating. It meant a lot to me!

Sheep
mustard seed

Post by mustard seed »

Hi Sheep,
bit behind but wanting to say how joyful I feel for you.
I also have a son with high functioning autism, institutions are no place for these exceptional, brilliant minds.

Glad other doors are opening as well.
So happy for you,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
much caring,
ms
mustard seed

Post by mustard seed »

Oops, sorry
too late please disregard previous post.
ms
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

mustard seed,

No worries about posting. I still get to see my son as we work at the same company so our schedules overlap at times. And even though my son is not living with me, being with his cousins is still better than an institution!! He is doing manual labor which gives him exercise since he just sits on his behind and plays video games when he is NOT working third shift. Also, I know how difficult third shift can be! So I'm still proud of him for working and getting his own medical benefits.

Sheep :)
mustard seed

Post by mustard seed »

Thank you Sheep,

Sounds like he's doing well, exercise, medical benefits.
Yeah we can be happy! :D :D :D
So glad to hear it.
Be well and thank you for your kind reply,
ms