trip to a forest

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

dancingfish

trip to a forest

Post by dancingfish »

i had today to myself, and it was cold outside but lovely and sunny. i didn't quite want to stay inside all day, so i thought to go to a forest that's not too far away. it was so beautiful, and i forget every time that it is so until i go there again.

i'd walked around for about half an hour when i followed a little side path and stopped to look out over a valley, and realised i hadn't really been seeing all of what was around me. then it was that i noticed the two wrens chirping and darting about, above the slope of curling copper bracken. there was a little cloud of midges dancing about in the sunlight by a fallen, moss covered log. new buds on the young tree next to where i stood, hard and curled up tight but just waiting for the warmth of a few months' time. overhead a few clouds sailed by, in a sky so blue.

it's good to be able to find these moments and allow self to enjoy them. :) hope this is okay to share, and wishing you all a good day.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
recover

Re: trip to a forest

Post by recover »

hi dancingfish,
that sounds so lovely. i love nature.
with support,
recover
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

I agree dancingfish,

Nature can be very healing and grounding.

Harmony
becomingbutterfly

Post by becomingbutterfly »

dancingfish, that is beautiful! I'm so glad you got to enjoy such a beautiful day outside. Thank you for sharing. You've inspired me and I want to go explore nature again too.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
StillMessed UP

Post by StillMessed UP »

Thanks, for sharing your beautiful forest.

Your words are so descriptive I can almost see, hear and smell it.

I enjoy the outdoors so much!
pinecone

Post by pinecone »

Thank you dancingfish,

Very inspiring post. I'm going to spend some time outside today.

-pinecone
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Aw, thanks for your replies. :) Nature always helps me, and it always seems to surprise me by how much.

Also I do love the 'pinecone' username. :D Very nice.
redcurleyz

Post by redcurleyz »

Thank you for sharing! Reminds me of where I grew up, and how beautiful outside, nature, mountains can be for our souls!