Reflections & Thanks

An area for important announcements and reminders regarding isurvive.
This section will keep you updated with what's going on within our organization.

Moderator: Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Reflections & Thanks

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

I have been thinking a lot on isurvive these past few weeks – even more than usual, smile.
How nice was it to be contacted by Goodtherapy.org to be informed we were listed on their top 10 abuse sites of 2013? http://www.isurvive.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4954

It led me to thinking on the people who began this place back in 2001; people I do not know and people who probably have no idea what their gem of an idea has grown into. It was somewhat akin to researching a family tree when we were trying to put the history of our site into order and there are probably gaps we have no way of filling. If there is anyone out there who has current email contact with anyone from the orange site then I would very much like to hear from you. (Particularly anyone who has contact with jenli, crisp, Bob, airyaman, Ducky, Paddi, gentlespirit and/or ladybass.)

Recently a returning member asked me, ‘What happened to Lori?’ This took me back to February 2011 when I had the sad task of informing everyone that she had passed away unexpectedly. Re-reading that thread caught me off guard… so please be careful if you choose to view it. I know that there are still many here who remember the dedication and care that she so freely gave to us all, including myself.
http://www.isurvive.org/forum/archive/v ... sc&start=0

It seems that the first Administrator and Moderators appeared back in February 2001,http://www.isurvive.org/about-us/our-background/, so February seems like the time to remember our past and lay tribute to the Directors, Moderators and Board members who have gone before. Here are some additional thoughts by a Moderator from 2007; http://www.isurvive.org/forum/archive/v ... ve&start=0

As we continue to preserve the legacy established by those who have gone before us, I want to commend the current team for their continued presence and hard work. I think that so often, it accidentally goes forgotten that all who have and continue to work here are volunteers who juggle their own healing and everyday living with their commitment to isurvive. I also want to thank each of our members who care and support one another, without whom there would be no isurvive.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
godiva

Re: Reflections & Thanks

Post by godiva »

This is such a nice post.
I've not been here very long but I met some of my best friends in discussion boards and forums and it is true, the work of volunteers make this place so great.

You are all amazing.
there

Post by there »

so cool, Jonesy. thumbs up.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
recover

Post by recover »

(((((((((((((((((jonesy)))))))))))))))
many thanks to you and all the admin and moderators.
you are all amazing.
love,
recover
River

Post by River »

Much, much, much thanks Jonesy, Tommy, Moderators, and Survivors!!!!!

This calls for a happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

River & fam
wings

Post by wings »

Thanks Jonesy and the moderators for all the hard work, time and effort you put into making this a safe, warm, welcoming space for us all.

Thanks to all the members for sharing of yourselves so honestly and supporting each other so compassionately. isurvive is a very special place because you are all very special people.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

This just proves it.
You are important.
Each and every member each and every post,

Harmony
tommy

Post by tommy »

Joining with my appreciation for those who started isurvive, the many different volunteers and for Lori who devoted herself so greatly to this site.
Thank you, Jonesy for your own dedication and sacrifices, ensuring the continuation of isurvive and the special support and healing found here.
And I'm also thankful to the membership, past and present, for the support, courage, strength and hope that they have and continue to share. I see it as the core and legacy of isurvive.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Thanks to those who responded here.
It is a day for memories, candles, sky lanterns and the special area of snowdrops in my garden.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
ladysslipper

Post by ladysslipper »

I do so miss lori. My connection wither was different then for most. Because of my career I had the pleasure of helping Lori get a new power wheelchair and proper seating and other tools so that she could continue to live her life with dignity and independence. Lori was one of those rare soles that touches your heart and you never forget.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
carpe diem
member since June 2007 more then 2000 posts