One happy moment, every day

This is a place to discuss grounding techniques and self-care strategies.

Moderator: Jonesy

Crow

Re: One happy moment, every day

Post by Crow »

After 13 years in a flat with my wife and our 12 and 9 year olds, having recently moved to a bungalow with a garden, just watching them play and run around the back garden and just be children fills me with such joy!!!

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

Coconuts - THAT IS EPIC!! HILARIOUS!!!
Crow - how nice!! Happy for you :)
FrumSurvivor
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Was just sitting here in my bed. My kids are all downstairs watching a movie. It must be funny cause they keep giggling. I can hear the giggles of my 6 year old on up to my 17 year old. Its a sound i want to always remember
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I've been watching the birds in my garden on my bird feeders today... it's so wonderful to just sit and watch and take in the colours, iridescence, feather patterns, sounds and the way the birds squabble and interact on the feeders. I could spend hours watching them. Certainly has grounded me today for minutes at a time during a stressful day at home working... takes me to a world of simple joy. I sat there today at several points throughout my day immersed in the action and totally escaped the stress and triggered feelings of the moment I was just in.
True moments of happiness and wonder. :)

Crow
Magpie

Post by Magpie »

I need to do this much more, and it sounds simple but a walk every day (just a mile or so) in nature. My mind still chatters away, my worries are still there but the simple act of moving and feeling like I’m active makes me feel more positive. Then I see a robin, or a squirrel, or a friendly cat and it makes me smile 😊
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

This is from a couple days ago but ive been laughing about it all week.
I went on a walk run with my twins (14) and daughter (12). It was dark, which isnt that unusual this time of year. Anyways as we got to the park the streetlights were casting some serious shadows. Suddenly my 6ft tall 14 year olds were darting thru the shadows acting like "ninjas". They were full on tuck and rolling thru the spots of like. Army crawling across things. Then they would distract daughter and i because there were of them so we would seen one on one side of us and suddenly the other one would be sitting in the shadows on the grass when we came around a corner. We would have not clue. It was so funny we were laughing the whole way home.

Also 2 funny situations today with kids comments in school

Coconuts
Crow

Post by Crow »

:) that's great Coconuts. I'm quite a visual person so reading that was very comical in my mind's eye!

Magpie - I love your post... I'm the same, a good walk in nature does wonders for my mood, and when I catch sight of some wildlife I am like a child with excitement :)

Have a great day everyone!

Crow
there

Post by there »

Great to read these happy moments.

I'm happy sitting here munching on almond flour crackers that I made from scratch. Not that hard , but kinda fun challenge rolling them out and then baking til done just right.

Added some herbs I really like.

I can eat these without wheat allergy blowback!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Yay there. Thats great.

Today my son went on a date. Its not his first date ever. He has had a girlfriend before. But this girl he has liked and supported for years. Probably three or four years. He has been in the friend zone the whole time. And this week she asked him out! And tonight was their first date. I'm happy and excited for him. So cute to see him nervously navigate this.

Coconuts
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Coconuts,
So happy for you for raising kids who know the value of friendship and who can still get all excited about going on a date. Hope this date is everything your son is hoping for. Another reason for you to be mighty proud of yourself! Kokoschka
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)