Things your inner child currently likes

This is a place to discuss grounding techniques and self-care strategies.

Moderator: Jonesy

Broken

Re: Things your inner child currently likes

Post by Broken »

I think I'm finally making some connection!...puzzles...dont care what kind, jigsaw, crossword, jumble, sudoku...enjoy solving...
there

Post by there »

reading storybooks, and being read to by my adult :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
shayz

Post by shayz »

Fantastic thread, ChipmunksRunFree, even 2+ years later. Thank you for the smile as I think about the young part of me enjoying the colors and textures of fabrics, watching insects, simply observing leaves blowing in the wind. Peace, calm and quiet really resonates with me/her. I feel very safe and content snuggled deep under my covers listening to bedtime stories on YouTube. The voices are very soft and soothing.
Byby

Post by Byby »

I had to cry a little when I saw this question, because I somehow hadn't thought that my inner child would make itself known even now. I don't know why I thought that, because it's very clear what my inner child is into these days:

* I have a pin collection full of cute, funny, or uplifting pins. (my favorite one is a small little silver strawberry :D)
* I collect polyhedral dice sets (pics ARE available!)
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
amg

Post by amg »

She likes playing with her hair, her rubics cube,word finds and uno
Lexzani

Post by Lexzani »

This is my first post, and I'm not sure how this works... Saw the inner child topic and read about how others are connecting with and spending time with their inner children. I am in my early 40s and just realizing the work that needs to be done. While meditating, I posed the question "where is my inner child?" Then I saw her, hiding in a basement. I picked her up and held her - then carried her out of that place. Guess I'm reaching out because I think it's beautiful that you guys are able to nurture your own inner children, and I would like to do the same. How do you connect with them enough to know what they might like? How do you go about spending time with them?
And how will I find the answer to this post if anyone responds?😂
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
LearningToHeal

Post by LearningToHeal »

Hi Lexzani!

Welcome to isurvive! To answer your question first, there is a checkbox when you post to notify you when a reply is posted.

And to ask a question- I am still trying to make contract with my inner child- he stays very well hidden and when I try to make space for contact I get flooded with distractions.

Can anyone share what they've done to make that first contact and how to strengthen it once it's made? Besides the distraction, I sense some shyness, fear and a sense that trust needs to be earned (not sure if that makes sense...how do you develop trust with yourself?)

Thanks!