What does your username represent?

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Crow

Re: What does your username represent?

Post by Crow »

Hi dancingfish,

That's cute :)
I like your description of a fish being safe in that unsafe space to us. Let's hope that one day we all will be dancing like fish in water, thriving and so much more healed from our healing journey.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
finchie

Post by finchie »

My love of birds...and one of the first photos I took was of a little baby finch. :) So it was a little finchie! Plus, whenever I play video games, and you can name your character, it's my go-to name. So yeah. Nothing much to it!
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hey finchie,

Birds are a great 'time waster' (not that I'd call it time wasting though)! I could spend all day watching them.

Crow
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I love all types of eagles. I grew up on a farm and one time I was planting wheat. The tractor runs at about 5 miles per hour (8 kilometers per hour for those who need the conversion. :lol: ). After a while there were about 40-50 eagle, falcons and hawks all flying close to my tractor as I moved along. They were all watching the tractor and planter waiting for me to scare out field mice so they could catch them. Some were only 10 feet from me. All of them were beautiful and appeared to have no fear of me at all. A beautiful memory I’ll never forget. Where I live now, we have lots of bald eagles, golden eagles and ospreys.

Eagle.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

My name is a goal for isurvive board: harmony and peace among survivors. ~~~~ let it be that way.
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

When I was 21 I developed an eating disorder and lost nearly 30 pounds in a month. I was desperate for support and found a support site similar to this one called “Something Fishy”. I had to create a username and thought long and hard. I decided on Genesis because I was more religious then and I liked the name but it also represented “a new beginning” in the Bible and I wanted that for myself. When I joined this site 20 years later, I kept the name because I liked it.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
~ Genesis 💔
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

I’ve really enjoyed reading the stories behind the names! Thanks, Crow, for starting this thread!
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
~ Genesis 💔
finchie

Post by finchie »

All really great usernames and meanings!
Crow wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:50 pm Birds are a great 'time waster' (not that I'd call it time wasting though)! I could spend all day watching them.
Same! Birds are unique and lovely creatures. (I have 4 budgies as pets, too.) I used to do bird photography as a hobby...I haven't gone out birding in a long time though.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I'm glad this has been as popular as it has been so far :)
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Let's see if I can explain mine without breaking any rules. Mods might have to help me out here. I can edit or delete this if needed.

I made this handle when I was in the middle of suffering. I felt low and wanted a reminder of who I believed myself to be as I made the difficult step of joining this site. I made it as a comeback to those who try to act like I can't be a Christian and still struggle in the ways I do. No it's not that I don't pray enough, read the Bible enough, believe enough, have enough faith, etc. I am not bound, shackled, or somehow outside of HIs will. What I am is a human who has been hurt so yes I struggle. Faith and medicine aren't mutually exclusive to me. Anyone who believes otherwise can feel to not smile in my face when they see me only to turn around and judge me behind my back. I refuse to have my beliefs questioned because I struggle with my mental health. It took a lot of faith, therapy, and sometimes medication to get me to a better place in life. I am still strong. I can believe in whoever I want. Whatever I want.

I always hope my name doesn't drive people away from me on this site. I need people to know that I accept my struggle. I'm not a Bible-thumping, know-it-all who walks around trying to condemn people. I'm just as furious towards those who use their religion to misuse and abuse people. I believe Christians should be compassionate, caring, selfless, and humble. Yes, even I have been hurt by "the church", but not everyone is like those people. My church is actually pretty good about addressing mental health and self-care. I hoped to remind myself of that whenever I come here and deal with all the natural feelings that come along with the reasons why we are all here. I am worthy of associating myself with my faith. So yeah, less of a submissive statement and more of a battle cry. But you can call always me GC if it helps.

-gc
Last edited by Harmony on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from NT to MT for religious content.
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts