Healing relationship with food & yourself

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Lotus

Healing relationship with food & yourself

Post by Lotus »

The book is called, 'A Course in Weight Loss', by Marianne Williamson (copyright 2010). It should be called, a course in learning how to love yourself so you don't need to abuse self with food anymore. It has lessons and requires journalling. I took my time with it and completed it over a year. I moved forward when I felt it was time to do so. You could do it much faster if you wish to. I think it would help with any negative/self abusive behavior. It helped me uncover many deep false beliefs I had about myself and food and I have not compulsively overate in over a year & a half since completing the book. When I finished the book & it's lessons, I had a deep love for myself that is truly beautiful and a gift.

Healing blessings on your journey with food and other self destructive behaviors.

Love,
Lotus
Xanthia

Re: Healing relationship with food & yourself

Post by Xanthia »

Lotus,

What a beautiful outcome; Thank you for review.

Wishing you well for healing journey.... :)
Xanthia
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Dear Xanthia,

Thank you for your well wishes. I have been doing very well with my relationship with food overall. I recently posted on 'Rescuing our Child Self', that i recently noticed myself eating more for a few weeks and putting on weight. The weight part got my attention to look within, where I realized part of myself was calling out for love & attention & needed help. The eating was a signal to look within. Hopefully I will ketch that signal sooner next time. It was a new thing I learned about how my parts communicate with me.

The body gives us so much information. I'm working on stopping and asking my heart what I need & listening to my body.

I hope your day is graceful.
Love,
Lotus
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Lotus,

Very true that our body can tell so much... IF we listen....

Really happy for you that you learnt something about communicating with parts recently. Well done!
Xanthia
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Dear Xanthia,

(((((((((((((((((((Xanthia)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Love,
Lotus
there

Post by there »

Lotus, I'm glad you've had a positive outcome from your reading. I might look up this book!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Dear There,

Thanks for stopping by. I can't say enough good things about my journey with the book I mentioned above. If you feel drawn to it, I hope you find more ways to love yourself within those pages.

Love,
Lotus
invisible

Post by invisible »

Lotus wrote: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:52 am The book is called, 'A Course in Weight Loss', by Marianne Williamson (copyright 2010). It should be called, a course in learning how to love yourself so you don't need to abuse self with food anymore. It has lessons and requires journalling. I took my time with it and completed it over a year. I moved forward when I felt it was time to do so. You could do it much faster if you wish to. I think it would help with any negative/self abusive behavior. It helped me uncover many deep false beliefs I had about myself and food and I have not compulsively overate in over a year & a half since completing the book. When I finished the book & it's lessons, I had a deep love for myself that is truly beautiful and a gift.

Healing blessings on your journey with food and other self destructive behaviors.

Love,
Lotus

Thanks for sharing this. I will get it for my daughter to read with me.
i have a daughter who is currently near 500 pounds. She was never abused, but has other issues, self esteem, shy, many illnesses that nearly killed her as a small child, so she was in hospital a lot until she was about 7 or 8, so medical PTSD, Severe RA, Hashimotos thyroidosis, hidradenitis suppurativa, and many other things going on in her life. She is currently seeing a therapist and a dietitian, so we are hopeful she will be able to lose weight. She is also working on moving in with her sister, who is a personal trainer, I think she will help her, hopefully. Getting her out of this tiny town and into the city might help. She will have access to more services i hope. Because of her anxiety she is going to stay for a week before actually moving, as I told her to try that first in case she could not handle the city noise and already signed a contract. they agreed that she could come for a week and have a trial run.
again, thanks
✨🦋✨
invisiblehope
Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness. -Anne Frank
Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Hello Invisible,
It sounds like your daughter has a good support plan to set her up for success. May you and your family experience healing and peace. 💜