The Grief that Dare Not Speak its Name

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

hummingbird

The Grief that Dare Not Speak its Name

Post by hummingbird »

This is a series of three articles by Sandra Bloom that really help me through my grieving about my own child abuse. I have to read them in small doses, because the recognition and dismay can be overwhelming if I don't.

Pete Walker's book, Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, (Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2013) is another great help for my process, as well as his web site and other book, The Tao of Fully Feeling, (Azure Coyote Publishers, 1995) which I've mentioned in another post. They help with normalizing, validating and supporting my healing experiences.

Christopher Germer's and Kristin Neff's books on self-compassion help me every day to turn toward myself and my experience with tenderness and kindness.

When I was young, the only place I could go for help and solace was to books, and that's always the first place I go when I need help. I hope someday I can find help and solace with my childhood experiences from other people, and I'm beginning to do that here at isurvive. The kindness and support I'm finding here are blowing my mind and healing my heart! Thank you!
Last edited by Xanthia on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added publishing details; Sandra Bloom articles apparently PDF only