The Body Keeps The Score

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Crow

Re: The Body Keeps The Score

Post by Crow »

Hi Kokoschka,

Thank you for trying to help and just being there for me :)
I understand to that my wife is trying to help and it does exhaust her. We keep talking and that is crucial. My wife hasn't got anyone to talk to - she's a serious introvert and finds it hard making friends.
I'm waiting on the organisation that I have been referred to to get in touch - could take up to 20 days! I'm feeling better in terms of my mood today. Less anxious too. But I still have to try and decide what we will do regarding my job.
How are you doing?

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
there

Post by there »

Kokoshka,

Lately, I keep repeating this quote to myself. "Nobody knows enough to be a pessimist."
Wayne Dyer said it, but he may have been quoting Norman Cousins.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Coconuts,
After all you have been through, to enroll in school, to study, perform and achieve and become a mother, despite all the adversities, to love and be there for your kids, to go on to become a teacher and work with kids all the time - well, I seriously think you're AMAZING, some kind of power plant !!!
Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Aww thanks Kokoschka. 😊
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Scars

Post by Scars »

Kokoschka, You should DEFINITELY start a new thread just for you! I am thinking I might too
coconuts, you are AMAZING
crow, thanks for sharing the CRAPPY CHILDHOOD FAIRY, she has helped me thru her videos
there, I am just now realizing what a thread is and how it can be used. In case I haven’t responded before, you are AMAZING, inspiring, and I have been greatly enriched by you

scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
igrowflowers

Post by igrowflowers »

Wow, Coconuts and Kokoschka, this is good stuff. Thanks for sharing this. I need to read it.