"The Sergeant's Daughter"

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Squiggy

"The Sergeant's Daughter"

Post by Squiggy »

I just read this book, in which the author recounts her childhood filled with PA and EA at the hands of her father, while her mother stood by and let it happen. I found it very moving, even the parts to which I couldn't relate so well, and it has given me much to think about. Anyone else read it?
Crow

Re: "The Sergeant's Daughter"

Post by Crow »

Hi Squiggy,

I have been looking online to see what books are about on the topic of PA and EA, and that was one I saw which looked worth a read. I think you have just encouraged me to try to read it! - Thank you.

The book that jumped out at me looking at the reviews was 'Why me?' By Sarah Burleton. (Haven't actually got round to trying to find any with recent life struggles derailing me.)

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Squiggy

Post by Squiggy »

I wrote a letter to the author last month, and I got a reply last week. We ended up talking on the phone for awhile about how she wrote the book and got it to publication. Very informative.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hey Squiggy,

That sounds amazing.
I've still not managed to read it yet. Saying that, I haven't managed to read a lot of books I have lined up...
Thinking of writing your own then?

Crow
Squiggy

Post by Squiggy »

Considering it, yes. I have a lot of material to work with....
Crow

Post by Crow »

Sounds like a good idea Squiggy, and why not eh?!
Take back a little bit of control and share your truth with the world. You may even become that author who another survivor looks to and is inspired by. Go for it!

Crow