That pit is gone

This is a place for old members to come and share how their healing journeys have progressed.
Its also a place for those members to reconnect and share their experiences.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Lydia

That pit is gone

Post by Lydia »

I think I'm an old timer - a couple years now.

I was reading on the main forum about pain and shame. Until I got past the most miserable part of healing, I always had a deep evil feeling pit in my stomach. Just a constant awareness of darkness. It's hard to explain.

I thought about it, as I was trying to support someone else, and that pit is gone. That doesn't mean I don't get sad or feel bad about what happened, just that I don't have this heaviness inside anymore, haven't for a while now. It's awesome to realize that I really did "grieve it out".

Lydia
Vulnerability is the most accurate measure of courage.-Brene Brown
SparklingDawn

Re: That pit is gone

Post by SparklingDawn »

Thank you very much for sharing this. I am really happy for you, Lydia.

Love,
D
Last edited by SparklingDawn on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there

Post by there »

Lydia,
It's great to see your post here about the pit having left you. WooHoo!

I feel lighter in ways myself, like something that never permitted me to have myself is not sitting on top of me from dawn till night.

There are still hurts and raw feelings, but that huge mono lith isn't sitting on my chest all the time.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Hopesnoes

That pit is gone

Post by Hopesnoes »

Hi
Have just read these posts and you have given me such hope. I cried tonight for the first time with my T, probably one of the first times for me to cry in the presence of another, crying for the loss of a childhood, it's so painful I can' t really find the appropriate words. I am so sad but tonight I feel warm like maybe just maybe I am not alone. Feeling childlike but could it be true that I am not alone and starting to feel! Can't believe I have been half dead, such loss! My heart is with everyone who needs to be here.
Hopesnoes with her very first glimmer of hope
Last edited by Harmony on Mon May 28, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MT changed to NT no problem though
Faith

Post by Faith »

Hi, Lydia.

Yes! I feel "lighter" than I used to, if that makes sense. :D
~ Faith

++++

After the rain, the rainbow. ~ Author Unknown
SparklingDawn

Post by SparklingDawn »

:D
Last edited by SparklingDawn on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smallgraces

Post by smallgraces »

Lydia,
Wow do I get what you mean. I used to think I always had this evil seed in me. Something that would never go away. Over time that evil seed has gone away. I've found joy and lightness and more comfort being with other people. I don't hide feeling that everyone knows that badness that flows from me. That horrible feeling is finally gone.
thanks for sharing this,

peace,
smallgraces
in time...everything will be ok
member since November 2009