Welcome Oldtimers

This is a place for old members to come and share how their healing journeys have progressed.
Its also a place for those members to reconnect and share their experiences.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

zorah77

Re: Welcome Oldtimers

Post by zorah77 »

Hey Harmony and Everyone! Yes, Faith, i too recall the (beloved) "orange board" since i was here from about 2005 through 2009, i think. Lots of sanity found here at isurvive, for me, through and past the shared rage and pain and sorrow and sadness - i also found some joy. Glad to be back - - - paradoxically! See yall around!
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Wow, so many "familiar faces"! It's like a breath of fresh air to see people I recognize.

I'm gods_child. I first joined in late 2007 and was active again in 2009-10. A lot has changed since I was last active. I'll update later. For now I'll just say "Hello!" to everyone and pat myself on the back for posting on the site after what seems like ages.

-gods_child
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Been very much in a state of hibernation as of late. I got caught up in things and life has gotten hectic, I dont even frequent the support forums so much these days but Isurvive will always be the place that I found solace and that I felt safe within.

Times change, people move on but they always come home in the end.....even if its just for dinner and a chat. Icarus has changed and grown, and I'm hoping its for the better. Is it ok if I come in for a brew with you all?

Icarus
We're tin hard, but we rattle when we're shaken.....

(Member since 31st May 2008. 503 previous posts)
eff

Post by eff »

There's always tea here Icarus...
nothing beats a good brew. :)

eff
(Member since July 2010, 692 previous posts)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Eff, me old mucker.....how are you doing?? I've missed you more than you realise so seeing you with the open arms is so reassuring and humbling. I know I've been crap for months, but none of you were ever out of my thoughts. I'm so relieved you've got the kettle on and havent told me to go away. I'd love a very strong cup of tea with two sugars please.....thank you for welcoming me back.

Icarus

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Yes Icarus you are welcome here and it is as safe as ever.
Sit with us a bit. It can help shake off whatever troubles you might be carrying.

with care,
Harmony
tommy

Post by tommy »

gods_child,

It is good to see your name again. Thank you for posting and sending a warm "Hello" back your way. I hope things are going well for you and that you will feel free to post anytime.

Icarus,

It's also good to see you; I hope you will know you are always welcome; for "dinner, chat, tea" and support. Thank you for posting and the reminder that many consider isurvive "home" or a family as many find safety, establish deep connections, and share care with one another.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Icarus

Not sure where this should be posted, but hopefully you shall read

I have been reclusive in 3D and here, unable to reach out as I did

However - saw where you wrote you are having rough patch
Drinking stronger brew than tea ....

Just offering to sit a while, quietly listening if you want - we can sit in silence listening to incidental sounds, watching sunset and stars if you prefer

Great to see you. Please be kind and gentle with self

Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Thank you so much Fleur, I did indeed see your words. Last night was messy and ended up drinking 5 pints of strong cider and sending texts to my counsellor that made no sense whatso ever. Thank goodness he is patient and understanding with me. I've been hungover all day today, had to work with it too. Yeah, not sure what is going on in this swamp of a head right now, but I'm going to try and write it down perhaps but it's just so difficult to share things these days hence why I go into being a recluse also. Sorry you cn relate to this.

Thank you once again for thinking of me and sending your thoughts and support. Am sitting here with you also.

Icarus

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Icarus

Being allergic to alcohol, I have only had one expetience at 19, so cannot use the stuff
Do not want to be ill like that
Can only think hangover would be as if I were walking in quicksand with migraine
=not nice

Glad you have understanding Counsellor - my T is my lifeline

Sometimes writing and/or drawing with my left hand (am right handed) reveals issues for me , particularly when there is apparently no reason to emotions

Thank you for sitting with me Icarus

kind regards for a much more pleasant day. Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur