poems

For all members who enjoy writing poetry or who use poetry to express their strongest emotions.
Please be advised this area can be triggering, so read cautiously.

Moderator: Jonesy

hopeful

Re: poems

Post by hopeful »

Hi everyone, I promised mustard seed I would read a story. I had something in mind to write and on the way to my friends on saturday, this kind of spilled out. Not what I imagined but it just wrote itself. I hope you like it and don't mind the names I used. Please be gentle with me, I'm not a writer and this ms is the first story I've written since I was a child.

anyway I'll be brave and promise to press send at the end. :?

Hopeful
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Once upon a time, not that long ag0, a very special family was formed, from people placed all over the world.  People so different and unique from each other but bound together by being a member of this family......isurvive family. Now imagine this family as a place, where everyone can meet regardless of obstacles of distance and sea between them. I see a rare and special blue orchid swaying in the breeze,  humming birds fluttering their wings, gathering honeybera and little chipmunks running free all over the tufts of grass in the sandy soil. The water on a little pond yields a delicate beautiful lotus flower blooming, so clean and pure. A butterfly with broken wings is resting on the flower,  waiting to recover from the struggles it has faced in it's life. A banana tree is standing strong and tall, over there stands a lone figure. She is planting some seeds...some mustard seeds. She is hopeful, hopeful that the tears of sorrow and tears of joy collected, will water the earth and the mustard seeds will grow bravely towards the sun.

She sees some people in the distance, on the wind swept sands, the waves gently lapping up the beach and she feels compelled to walk towards them. Like she is linked to them by a thread. She is lonely, in pain and wishes.....why can't I fight4me. I need some courage today to carry on putting one foot in front of the other....someone is pulling on that thread, pulling her towards the group of people on the beach. They all seem to know each other and there is lots of chatter. There is a beautiful black dog bounding around in the sand followed by a ball which glints in the lowering sunlight. Someone shouts...fudge be gentle with kevin....and...fleur look at soxy joining in.

The thread is getting shorter and she is pulled nearer and nearer to the group. She is shy and  cautious about going any closer, but the thread keeps pulling. A lady separates from the group and she smiles at the new girl.  In her hand is a ball of thread and in her eyes is compassion and love. Hello, she says my name is jonesy, welcome to the family....it is time to face your truth, you are safe now and it is time to heal You are not alone anymore.  She is drawn into the group and she feels the love they share envelop her. She feels at peace, she feels like she has found home, she feels acceptance and she feels hopeful
ag01

Post by ag01 »

Hopeful, that's absolutely wonderful, you did an awesome job. Brought tears to my eyes actually made me cry.
((((((((Hopeful))))))))), its perfect
fight4me

Post by fight4me »

Hopful

Wow
This has blown me away .
Tears came flooding out
You are great with words

You should put this on your thread as well . For those that know you but don't come to this thread.

Holding your hand tight ..

Sending many hugs your way dear friend

Always hear for you

Fight4me
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

(((((((((Ag01))))))))))

((((((((((((F4m))))))))))

Thank you for your kind words. I'll send some tissues round. .......sorry it made you cry.
like I said, it wrote itself.

kinda embarrassed. :oops:

hopeul
fight4me

Post by fight4me »

Hopful

No need to say be embarrassed ..

And no need to say sorry !!! ;)

So proud of you for writing this ..

Fight4me

Hug to you my friend
ag01

Post by ag01 »

(((((((((((Hopeful))))))))))
No need to say sorry or to be embarrassed
It is wonderfully written, its awesome
Many hugs
Ag01
Lotus

Post by Lotus »

Wow Hopeful, you can write!

Your story flowed like a lilac scented wind. It touched my heart and made me smile. :) It eloquently expressed our connection here at isurvive in a beautiful creative way. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely story.

((((((((((((((((((((((hopeful)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love,
Lotus
hopeful

Post by hopeful »

Ty, ty so much ag01, f4m and lotus

you are all so kind to me.

I love you all and the story comes from my heart.

love hopeful
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi hopeful

That is beautiful.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org