Did I harm when I was 13?

Discussion area for adult survivors who are afraid they might hurt others physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally. Also an area for those who have harmed someone physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally and want to heal. Sexual addiction can also be discussed.

Moderators: Harmony, Aspen, ajei

Eagold

Did I harm when I was 13?

Post by Eagold »

I'm new to recovery and it's unburied a lot of stuff for me, including ways I acted my own abuse out as a child. One is haunting me because I don't know if what I did was abuse. I was babysitting some kids when I was 13 after church. I was acting out sexually and took off my underwear under my skirt. At some point I walked over the baby, who was laying on the ground and showed him my vagina. It was only for a moment and I felt dirty and ashamed and put my underwear back on and pushed the action deep down in my memory. I don't know if I scarred that child or not. I think he was only a few months old. Did I harm him?
recover

Re: Did I harm when I was 13?

Post by recover »

hi eagold,
first of all, it is good to meet you although i am sorry you need to be here.
it doesn't sound to me like what happened would scar or harm the baby. do you have a therapist you are working with that you can discuss it with? i am sorry you suffered with whatever it was that caused you to act out sexually. i am sorry you were abused.
take care,
recover
Eagold

Re: Did I harm when I was 13?

Post by Eagold »

Recover, it's good to meet you, too. I was sexually abused by a man from my parents church when I was 6 to maybe 8 and I blocked it out. I hope you're right about that boy being okay. I do have a therapist, but I am too ashamed to talk about this with anyone. It's the worst thing I've ever done.
Last edited by ajei on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger from MT to NT