Animal torture?

Discussion area for adult survivors who are afraid they might hurt others physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally. Also an area for those who have harmed someone physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally and want to heal. Sexual addiction can also be discussed.

Moderators: Harmony, Aspen, ajei

anneofgreengables

Re: Animal torture?

Post by anneofgreengables »

SL - thank you so, so, so much for sharing. i know the intense shame that comes from this. so i know it wasnt easy to share that with me. but to know im not alone...thank you. i think we need to remember that we were severely traumatized at developing ages. we had anger, but no coping mechanisms. i too feel the shame but i think i need to work through that, i cant change the past only the present.

i have not hit or abused my cat for probably 3 months now. i am learning to be patient with him, respect his boundaries as a sentient being...it has been hard not being able to talk to anyone about it. definitely not H, though i know he wouldnt be mad at me, it would be too shameful. i am working on getting a T so i hope to tell them.

right now my anger is building up again. i am trying very very hard to direct it appropriately. when i feel like doing SH, i tell myself that NO, that is letting him hurt me, why let him do that? he cant hurt me anymore. so i write vicious, bitter, rage-filled letters. i scream into pillows. it has helped me calm down a lot. i just keep trying to remind myself...i do not need to feel anger at myself. its not my fault. i can have righteous anger towards my abusers.

i know it will take time though.
Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi Annie,

I hope you ind a way to discuss this with your T. Directing the anger is important.
Thiking of you,
Sl
NinjaGaiden

Post by NinjaGaiden »

torturing animals is disgusting, who in the world would even thinks of hitting animals or killing them? I don't even eat meat. I have a bird feeder and water feeder in my backyard because I love birds. Animals have been on this earth longer than humans and there are way more animals than humans on this planet. If humans are going to continue to physically abuse or kill then they should just keep that crap between themselves, don't involve animals, LEAVE them alone.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi anneofgreengables

It has been a long time since this thread was current - how are things now?

I still think you were extremely brave to write such an open post at the time. Taking those steps and being true to yourself is a positive step. Each of us have our own very different demons to fight and it's the effort we put in that enables healing to take place.

Sending you renewed support.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org