Life of There: 2020

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Life of There: 2020

Post by there » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:12 am

Have a mammogram tomorrow. 3 or 4 other medical things to do at same time, same hospital.

Not too worried about mammogram right now

Have been doing some art.

Radical acceptance of this moment.

Feeling the inner critic.
A little sad, tired.
Kinda tired.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” Helen Keller

coconuts

Re: Life of There: 2020

Post by coconuts » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:48 am

Hi there. Welcome to 2020. What a way to start. With a mammogram huh.

Radical acceptance. Maybe that will be a theme this year for many of us. I sort of did that with my husband for a long time. Accepting that I cannot change him. I can however choose how I react to him. I can choose to see him not for who I wish he would be but for who he is and how he might not be able or capable to change or see the need for change.

There's is a line though that's hard in that. In accepting others but also in accepting myself right where I am. Right now. And being okay with my life right where it is right now.

Hmm maybe I should start my own new thread for the new year too. Didn't really plan for last year's thread to turn into my thread. It just did.

Off to think about that. Maybe I'll hang in chat a bit tonight.

there

Post by there » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:29 am

coconuts, hey!

I started a new thread because my last thread has ‘2019’ in the title!

Came into chat too late to find you.

I’m actually glad to get the mammogram done, finally. And the other stuff at one time.

Ready for bed at a decent hour and really hope my tiredness will send me off to Dream Town.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” Helen Keller

Watercolor

Post by Watercolor » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Ugh to the mammogram--but it's great that it's behind you. Wish they didn't hurt. Had one recently too.

What kind of art do you do?

there

Post by there » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi, Watercolor,
Thank you for asking. Curiously enough, I do watercolors a lot. What about you?

Haven’t gotten a phone call from doctor so probably not anything to worry about. Lab ppl said either right away that if it’s a red alert, or a letter if not. I was pretty anxious during the mammogram. Thankful!

there

Post by there » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Oh, so, having a strong reaction to the shingles vaccine I got yesterday, which had finally become available. Really knocked me over today, tired, flu-y feeling , and unusual headache. Says online that it’s not uncommon and it means your body is going to have a strong immune response.

Ibuprofen.

Had a long phone call with sister, which, despite differences, helps with the enforced solitude.

If you live alone, you may have to go out to get things at store regardless of how you feel. It’s ok, Tula got a walk and human contact is good.

Might draw a little online, just feeling so wiped.

Breathing, not overthinking.

Thanks anyone for reading.

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:52 pm

Yuck of shot reactions.

My kids have been getting tons lately. We delayed immunizations due to my twins having severe reactions. After that hospital stay with two severely I'll babies drs agreed it would be better to wait until my children were older to even start trying. So we delayed. With measels cases we decided to give it a try and immunize them. Scary but no one else had reactions. Thankfully. So my kids have been getting lots of shots. Poor things. Makes me feel a bit bad we put babies thru this before they are old enough to truly understand or complain.

Goodness I've been rambly lately.

Glad it seems mamo was uneventful and all clear.

And I'm very glad you have Tula.

I actually think of you when I draw or paint. ( Not just when I eat a tuna sandwich :D ). Been trying to learn water colors. Not always perfect but that's not the point. It's an incredible way to express what I have no words for. Pain or peace wise.

Watercolor

Post by Watercolor » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:51 pm

There, yeah, that's usually the way, having to wait for the letter to arrive, saying they saw nothing concerning. Hope that's just what you receive.

Hope you feel better today from the shingles shot reaction and that it works very well. I had shingles in 2014, a heap of misery best avoided, if possible.

Conversation is a very valuable commodity in my world, too, even when it's not all you hope for.

I'm not an artist, but I'm trying to learn a few techniques on Youtube. I dabble and not nearly often enough. I've plenty of student and kids' watercolor paints to play with, but I reach for acrylics more.

Watercolor

Post by Watercolor » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Coconuts, I like what you wrote about expressing with art. I need to make a habit of reaching for my art supplies.

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:41 pm

There, hope you got some rest and your feeling better today.

My husband had shingles too a few years back. It was miserable.

On a side note for the topic i never had chickenpox as a kid, never got the immunization and did not get shingles when my husband got it. Drs think I'm naturally immune.

Edited to say I did not get shingles
Last edited by coconuts on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.