Tame me

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

facingmytruth

Tame me

Post by facingmytruth »

[this post is probably one of the most honest I've written and I need help. I've started counselling for the 1st in my life.im 44 .I wanty life to be normal.i want to be able to give love.i have the most amazing partner.but I don't no how to give love.i do t no what's really and what isn't.werw do I start? I'm lost .
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
GrowingTree

Re: Tame me

Post by GrowingTree »

oh, fmt, giving love is so hard. It really is. I have trouble giving love to people I do not like. I am working on it really hard. All I want to do wiuth people I do not like is cut them out.

It must be troublesome when it is hard to give love in a partnership. I commend you for seeking help. Sending gentle care
GrowingTree
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

This is just my opinion but I'm not sure we can fully love others until we can find full love for ourselves. We can appreciate others. We can love them in measure. But when we don't love ourselves we block our ability to really love. And that comes from healing what is broken and hurt. That comes from learning to sort out truth and lies.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

facinmytruth,
Maybe you already have started. When you say you have ‘the most amazing partner’, it shows that you know and appreciate your partner. To me, that’s a part of love.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
GrowingTree

Post by GrowingTree »

there, that is a great point. I second that.
GrowingTree