Just trying to process events with students of mine

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

EasyStreet

Re: Just trying to process events with students of mine

Post by EasyStreet »

coconuts,

Just sending you max support and good vibes if you wish them. I wanna be on your team!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
there

Post by there »

Hi, coconuts,
Maybe DCFS is overwhelmed, but callousness is not a response.
You and all the others did the right thing all along.
I feel sad and angry about this.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi mz nuts of coco

I dunno what to say. Been thinkin of ya, these kids, this sitch. Sadly, yer exp is not that uncommon. Burntout, overworked dcfs? Notta excuse!!!! Hot kitchens, & stand it, or seek other employment!
How many other kids are also fallin thru cracks? I like the idea of lawsiut, litgigious monkys that we've become. Know bout mandated reporting (when i did home health care; & addiction counselor). Puts yer ass in sling.
Can ya ask/demand/request exactly HOW MANY injuries, of what size & severity constitute the necessity of reporting? - yano, in writing, in triplicate, not folded, stapled, spindled or mutilated? Along w who ya *should* report to. (& who is YER supe? & may i have THEIR supes name as well?
It may be more effective to bypass 'the lil' govt goobs, & Go Directly To state legislature, gov. Esp when they recieve an onslaught of letters from mandated reporters re: this case, or this particular dcfs ofice/'mngmnt' team.
Is there a way, as a MR, that ya can report dcfs of neglect, abandonment, etc? Guess maybe thats what i meant, ^up there^ .

So, how are YA doin, w alla this?
Commend ya on talkin w t bout it. Am VERY impressed w yer self awareness, realizations - the ..'Links' yer seeing, recognizing.

Can i join ya in yer 'rock throwing'? Only, id wanna blast em w a super soaker filled w the kinda water that melts wicked witches

{{{{Coconuts!!!!}}}}
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content or language
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

When the local office refused to do anything we started calling the next level up. It's all state burocratic BS. I hate the local man. Piece of shit.
So the three kids are in the art festival we are doing this week. Yesterday the two younger ones weren't there because they were getting teeth fixed ( so good because their teeth are all rotted). Anyways at the end I walk into the common area and the older sister is sitting there terrified. Just this total panic look on her face. Pacing. And I approached her and asked her if she was okay ( obviously she wasn't). Turned out she was freaking out cause her younger two sibs weren't there and she couldn't find them. I gently reminded her they had dentist appointments today and weren't there. She took a deep breath and calmed down. Poor girl. Trauma. Sigh*
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

You are a front line soldier, coconuts. If you will receive it, I'm sending my blessing (I'm a geezer so I get to presume to do that), and asking the universe to send you more of what you need.

Remember to take care of yourself. Even the front line troops get a break from time to time. R&R. Time for your self. Your Self. Please, take care of yourself!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
there

Post by there »

coconuts,
You are really there for them.
ES has a good point. Please take good care of coconuts.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

So these kids have hopefully received a miracle. There are three of them which includes a teen and a little boy who is mentally disabled. I thought for sure they would stay in system. They've been in foster care like two months and we just found out they are all three being adopted together by a couple who hasn't been able to have their own children. Next week will be their last week in my class and then they will be off to their forever family and a fresh start.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

coconuts,
You were really pulling for the kids.
Hoping too that they get thee loving care they need.