Something i witnessed...

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

George

Something i witnessed...

Post by George »

I am making this post because i saw something strange yesterday.So i attended my 4 year old's cousins greek orthodox baptism.They are a boy and a girl 4 and 5 year old respectively.What confused me was the fact that both of them were completely naked.Also their godparemt touched the boy's genitals although it seeked like an accident.He was anointing his legs with oil and he touched for a second his penis.I want to report this to the police but i wanted to ask if someone in this forum knows how a greek orthodox baptism is done.Is it common for younger children, like my cousins to be naked or not?Also is the anointing with oil etc common too or not?I would appreciate an answer
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Something i witnessed...

Post by Jonesy »

George - this is absolutley inappropriate and of course should be reported to the authorities.

I am confused. Is this an additional incident from the following post? viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9515&p=204485#p204485

Please look for an email from me.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
USSDefiant

Post by USSDefiant »

That is definitely inappropriate. The only time a childs genitals should be touched is when they are babies and you've got them in the bath or changing their nappy when they've soiled themsleves, or if they have an obvious genital problem (even then the touching and examining should be done by a doctor with the parent present). Even then, it is only for the purposes of cleaning them because they're too young to do it themselves. There is no reason why anyone should touch the private parts of a 4 or 5 year old. As soon as they are old enough to clean themselves properly after using the toilet (usually they're about 3), they're old enough for adults not to touch in those areas for any reason other than strictly medical.

What you've described her sounds like some sort of ritualised abuse using the religon as a smokescreen. I do not believe in any religion, but if God exists I am sure s/he does not want children to be sexually touched. Abuse within religion doesn't seem to be uncommon, look at all the cases that have come to light from the Catholic church, and some Islamic nations appears to permit girls as young as 9 to 'marry' in countries like Saudi Arabia. Child sexual abuse is always wrong regardless of the faith. Yes people in times gone by were sexually active younger, but it used to more more along the lines of two 14 year olds when both were considered man and woman and he was earning a wage and had already entered the adult world (like the 14th century or so). Nowadays we know better and these teens are encouraged not to be sexually active until they are truly ready. That is the very reason why the age of consent exists, to stop both young people making unwise choices with similarly aged peers or being preyed upon by older people who are just wanting to exploit them for sex.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi George

Please reply to my email
You are important

Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi George

If I do not hear from you, via email, by this time tomorrow, then your account will be deactivated (as per our guidelines)
You are important

BlueSkys

Post by BlueSkys »

You should considered reporting to the authorities as this does not sound right at all.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Ummmm...I am orthodox and no one is ever Baptist naked. Ever. For any reason. Some churches still do naked infant baptism but almost all have baptism gowns now.
It is unheard of to have naked 4 year olds getting baptized.
Call. The. Cops.
~Qwerty~
"We're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again"
honeybera

Post by honeybera »

Thank God we have you, dear Jonesy, to watch over our solidly private and protected group here and that you weed out the problematic with speed and diplomacy. We all hold you dear.

I do hope that "George" gets the help he needs. :roll: This just isn't the place for him apparently.

Honeybera