reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by there » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:00 pm

hi, reisha,
checking in and wondering how you're doing :)
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” Helen Keller

reisha

Post by reisha » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:15 am

Hi kids. Thanks for the gentle pokes.
Hadda pdoc appt fri that i almost forgot bout. Kinda dont like that ne seems to keep wantin to f around w my meds; this time, wants to decrease the ssri, which i spose is good......
Dunno what i did this past wk. All i remember is ... lotsa bus rides, mostly dt, but there was one into hippietown, too, for *sum* reason.
& phone calss, lotsa phone calss, alotta em unknown (robocalls) that dont leave msg. No matter how many ya block..... but its the private # ones that REALLY freak me out.

& STILL not knowin when, exactly, bro wants to meet, altho did get text that he & kids are here in town & where hes goin, or wants to go, but no call, or actual talk, or plans made.... sez kids wanna go to hippietown, the city, & marin, & im welcome. I'll pass on city, but the others im up for...... & i keep gettin his vm....
Grr!
Well, it has been bout 17 yrs .... hes the adopted bro from biomom. Things i wanna talk bout, but not w kids; same for him. His dad my molester. So, kinda ... anxious bout this. Gettin place less messy - ha! Not! Cuz, its at the point where ya gotta make a bigger mess in order to clean up the smaller ones.....
Temps up 10 one day, down 10 the next, up 15, xdown 12.... skitzoid summer!!

Major shooting at local festival. All local news live, horrific, the usual.....

{{{ALLA US, EVERYWHERE!!!}}}

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Sounds like you've been busying going everywhere battling weather and transportation and crowds. It would be emotionally and physically taxing for me. I hope your doing self care. Taking a moment to take care of you and glorify in your marvelous strength. You' ve done so much. Yay you! 👏

So sad about the shooting. There isn't much to say on that. It is it's own kinda beast to deal with.

Hugs

EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi reisha,

Sorry it's been such a hassle for you lately. I'm hunkered down in the heat, can't go outside without immediate 30% energy drop.

But glad to hear back from you. Sending laughter and light your way.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being.

reisha

Post by reisha » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Coconuts, i grew up w this fest. Its in my backyard. For many yrs, my auntmom & fam lived there.Went many times, worked it 2x. Its .... a fam food fest. Not like a more adult (decadant) fest. 2 things - gun violence, & 2, the ... alienation oof (white?!l) young men. AKA 'mental health'.
Alotta folx ino have been posting, sum were there, but not during shooting. Onee guy still cant get his truck, suplies.

Thing is, i KNOW this venue very well. Can see it in mind. & have worked other gigs where theres been gunfire. & have .... 'insiders knowledge' as to ... security, various procedures. - both in general, & as said, this venue. I think, to sum extent, that mite be parta why i get .... not-quite-triggered, but then sum when these things happen, esp at entertainment venues. & when they happen in my ...'home', or places i know, well..... it gets ... kinda.... PERSONAL, yano?

Easy, dunno that its been a hassle so much as .... just busy.
Bro finally caled, hadda good chat, long multi convo. Will get tgether thurs & fri, which means i hafta change a social thing thurs, but no biggie.
Ned to call the OSW place, do a 'phone app' ( no, theres notta app for that, ya actually TALK to sumone), & am kinda bummedthat ive decided not to go tmarra for the newbie orientation. Am resting & 'eating' for 2 days b4 bro & kids.
Lots more to say, butt but sore, need to get flat, after sum slop....

Love 2 all!!
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content

ephes

Post by ephes » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:49 am

Must be terribly unsettling when something like this happens close to you and at a place you know.
Glad you had a good chat with your brother. Sounds like a good idea to "fuel up" and rest before visit.

Hope you find delicious stuff to eat:)

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:58 pm

My friend lives in the same area. She has many of her friends who were there. She is not directly connected with any of the victims. She is shook. She was considering going but decided not to at the last minute. Sometimes the mess of this world smacks us right in the face. Right when we think we are comfortable or settling in. *Smack*

* Sigh

Peace to you and surrounding you

(((((Hugs))))))

there

Post by there » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:02 pm

reisha,
Oh, no. Heavy sigh. More shooting.
(((gentle hug))))if wanted.
I get the making a bigger mess to clear the smaller ones. We can do it!!! We are doing it!
Hope things go ok or better with bro's visit.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” Helen Keller

reisha

Post by reisha » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Thank ya, coconuts, ephes, there.

Coconuts, sorry to readd bout yer freind. Gun violence is the new cancer. Soon, we will ALL be '1 ddeegree away' from it, if not closer. Yyet even as 'the convo' continues, govt duz nuthin. Fuck the 2nd amendment! I think, like pot, it ~needs~ to beccome a states issue. Probly easier to enact sane laws at that level. yet CA has tuffest laws in nation, & while *our numbers* ddo reflect a sig decrease, ........

There, i'll take all hugs offered. Am debating how much 'mess making' im gonna do. Since plans w bro have solidified, & we're goin out & about, i can ....not clean, just tidy up, throw tapistries over the biggest eyesores (like kitchen)

Tween shooting & bro stirrin stuff up, am feeling kinda ..... sad, vulnerable.

EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm sorry you are feeling sad and vulnerable. I'm honoring your feelings quietly.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being.