reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: quixote, Harmony, ajei

coconuts

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by coconuts » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:50 am

Wow that was a lot to throw at you. Dang. C-crap.. haha the Dr tried to give one to my son and I said no. Just do the dang surgery. He's only 16 he has a whole life ahead of him, he doesn't need to lugging a CPAP machine through. Imagine that on your honeymoon. :shock: no let's fix the problem not slap a bandaid on it.

Sorry bout the tit-squish. Maybe you said you were going to go until October without T. Maybe you can try and get in before t-squish and sharpen and oil those tools a bit. If you know it's going to be triggering.

Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Hey Reisha,

That is a lot to have thrown at you in one appointment.
How are you doing with it today? (Sometimes here the next day can be harder)

I’ve never had a stomach feeding tube but the one time it was suggested I declined.
Your reasons around hesitancy makes sense to me They are all really valid concerns.

I’m not pretending to know what’s right for your scenario, just that I understand it’s not so straightforward.
If it’s OK to share, I’ve noticed I have major, major resistance to any medical device that stays “inside me“, and not temporary.
So like, an IV, or say, in/out catheterization, I’m OK with. But even a PICC line, or permanent in dwelling catheter, or some kind of hardware left inside my body permanently, it feels very very triggering to me.
Just sharing this in case something in there might be relatable or helpful in your decision making process.

Sending big, gentle hugs & thinking of you.

Couragetoday
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content or language

reisha

Post by reisha » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Ty, easy, coconuts, courage

It went well, as it always does.
Im kinda beatin mice elf up a wee lil bit, or maybe laughin at my wound up fear & anxiety over seein her. Bad exp in past w 'ivory tower no it all' white MEN, mostly; & GPs in general. <-- ooh! I made a punny!

Dr s is in high demand, very popular AND very good. Its hard to get appts w her quickly, unless ER & yer always told that even if ya have a 2pm appt, it'll probly be closer to 3 b4 ya see yer, cuz she 1)has a typist for 'formal' notes while she scribbles her informal ones, as she 2) LISTENS to what ya hafta say & asks questions beyond 'the bare min', really gettin to know ya. Lots of lil mini digressions into 'just chattin bout life', but always w a relevant point to yer health. 3) reviews yer chart b4 walkin in.
Yes, shes aggressive, no bs, Lets Get To Work! Yet also very compassionate & respectful of each patients perspectives & values.
So I got my referral to the Wellness Center Chiropractic and acupuncture. so I got my referral to the Wellness Center chiropractic in acupuncture. A paragraargh!so much for speech rec

Sorry bout ^that^

Discussed titsquish - i told her that it takes me a yr to recover, then another yr to build up the courage to do it again, only 1/2 joking.

Discovered my old GI does take my ins, so will see her bout tubing.

& sleep study too.

Easy - like ya, been on one for bout 17 yrs. Im bout 85% compliant - i tend to rip them off in my sleep (probly trauma related) or awake, in frustration bout (lacka) fit.

Ct - i dont mind my 'bionic' parts (oh gawd! Dont tell me i need to honor them TOO?!!!). Im opposite of ya. Stickin stuff in me when im awake, or that i can seee.? <major shuddering yuck!!!> sso thats parta my resistance. Ty for tickling those nuerons for me. So obvious i missed it. Such a inate parta me, i assume its a given, i guess(?)

Well, off to putz away the wkend ... watercolor hoodie, other crafts, cat walks & cat cuddles, have 2 yummy 'real food' dishes to choose from - i made garlic prawns, & boiled chicken livers. & batsami/jasime/wild rice. Ino, opposite ends of spectrum, & lotsa folx cant abide even the idea of organ meats. Good source of iron. &, i like em. So do the cats. 'Course, they like the prawns, too

Mite even get mice elf to walgreens, under the guise of 'self care'. Otoh, if i wait til mon, i can combine it w a trip to my local bank, to investigate settin up auto pay for my rent, based on date/times they want it, vs when my $ comes in. (Y'all know im gonna procrastine this one, lol!)

Sendin luvin care vibes to everyone
{{{Isurvive!!!}}}.
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content or language

EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:08 am

reisha,

Just a quick drive by. See if you can get a 2nd opinion on that tube. Even just a reality check from a disinterested doctor. Pretty big decision. Maybe better ways to do liquid eating? Nutrition and enzymes in the mouth could be an issue if you're just gulping down some mixture. A tube woifn't fix that.

Just take good care of yourself. I'm in a strange place. Maybe able to write about it in a few days. Wife going out of town for two weeks.

Be well. (not a career military, either. I got out became an academic and then a computer programmer as my Avoidant PD started to kick in and I needed to not be behind a lectern or drawing attention)

I'll bet you know Stevie Nicks!

Have a great saturday night ("one more ...")!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being my tribe.
May I always be a worthy member.

there

Post by there » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:36 am

reisha,
I've been procrastinating a mammogram myself. I'm ambivalent about the radiation, no more how minimal they say it is. Plus, hoping for additional health plan to help cover co=-pay before I do it. Supporting you in your process.

chiro and acupuncture referral---woot!

Enjoy reading about your weekend plans---watercolor hoodie, crafts, cat activities, yummy 'real foods' :)
I'm my reality, not somebody else's low opinion.

reisha

Post by reisha » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:26 am

Thanks easy! Yeah, my '2nd opin' is gonna be w GI. Havna seen her in several yrs, & as i recall, we're more on the same pg, than my GP.
&, ya got me all kindsa curiouser now. What brabch of military; which acedemics? Ya just just come waltzin in here all 'coyboy', droppin tittilyzin (sp!) Hints bout yer past life & not spill the details, buster!😉😃😄

Stevie nicks? Weel, theres ... knowin, & then theres .... KNOWIN, yano? But yes, ive worked many a show starrin her. Shes a nice lady. Ditzy & scattered, but very compassionate & concerned over her 'minions'. Shed try to bring me a chair, or food/drink & id hFta politely decline, explain that it was my job to cater to her needs, not the other way round. (Unlike *SUM* 'divas', who shall remain unnamed, outta ... self preservation, & respect for {uncle bobo!s} ethics & values. Hit me up by the firepit late sum nite when im tailin tour tells 😉basically, ive worked every major act, & many a minor one to come thru, from early volunteer days in ' 77 thru full time & then sum til 2002, then back to the rare volunteer gig thru 2008ish.

There- didja say tues for yoga? We can def be accountabilty partners. Dr S hadda flyer for 'open source wellness'. Free/sliding scale. Focuses on 1) movement 2)nutrition 3) comunity & 4) stress reduction. From 530 - 7pm, good times for me, in dt ( of course!). Each session has 40 minnits of movement followed by welcome & ~mindfulness~<gak! Overused term rendered ~meaningless~>, followed by a fam style dinner. Im gonna check it out.
I like the concept, havna hearda it b4. Its a dot-org, notta dot-com & i hope it goes mainstream quickly, w ins coverin. The premise is yer drs qive ya 'social prescriptions' for these things, but not referals, instead sayin 'gud lik w dat, come back in 6 months & we'll see how (Well) ya are.' So, tween yer a.m.(ish) stuff on the rite coast, & my p.m. stuff on the BEST coast😉, think we'll pretty much have the whole country covered w our zappin vibes back & forth. Go, us!🤣🤣🤣

EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:10 pm

LOL , reisha ,

I was once described as an international man of mystery, but there’s some Forrest Gump in there too!

Johnny Cash song: “I’ve been everywhere”!

Kinda shy about details but I didn’t want to be mis-identified as career military.

Thanks for the downlow on Stevie Nicks. Fascinating.

Hope you have a great day!
EasyStreet

there

Post by there » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:20 pm

reisha,
was listening to youtube playlist of Tom Petty. Heard Stevie Nicks and him on 'Stop Draggin' My Heart Around'. Didn't know before, but kinda figures he wrote that one. Thanks for your story of working with her.

Thursday for yoga and thumbs up on accountability partnering.
Open source wellness---liking the term.

I'm a fan of the Ivory Coast! :)
I'm my reality, not somebody else's low opinion.

reisha

Post by reisha » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Ok, easy, i got it. Ya were a spy, double oh 7, travelin the whirld, posin as either a solider, or as a deadhead, cuz those are the 2 best covers for gallavantin round the globe. <que 'secret agent man'>🤣🤣🤣

There - thurs works too. Ive long had either tues or thurs for t, (the 't' days); or for self care, so this'll work well. Yay!!😃😃😃

Off to putz & lollygag. & generally relax the day away - & vibin the same for all

{{Alla us!}}

EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:15 pm

You've got me LOLing all over my pita bread! No not a spy but if you think that fits, it's ok by me!

I've just had a few interesting chapters in an otherwise boring life. But you made me laugh!!!! Thanks!
EasyStreet