reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by there »

have room for one more?
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
ephes

Post by ephes »

Hey reisha

Hope you're ok. Sorry you feel you're missing out.

I'd drive you to your "home venue" if I could. Cruising on long country roads, windows down and some good music:). I could do it too I actually learned how to drive on deserted country roads in the States, in a vehicle that resembled a ship more than a car. Just looked at a picture and consulted the interwebs: Chevrolet Monte Carlo, from the 70's most like. The top could come off but the mechanism was broken so it always stayed on. And it was beat up. Or rather, gracefully aged. That car had a soul, it really did and I'm totally blaming it for my ongoing love of driving around in cars.
I've fond memories of the States, wouldn't mind spending some time there and would like to be your chauffeur and take you to your people.

Not possible unfortunately, but I'm sending you kind thoughts. Take good care of yourself.
reisha

Post by reisha »

Easy, there, df, ephes, thank ya all. & ephes as chauffeur! Whoo-hoo!

Missed both t & pdoc appt last-last wk due to sleep issues. T called, & got me in yes'day, lastminnit....

She wants fkr me find another t. Ino shes rite, but kinda makes me feel .... (ya guessed it)abandoned. Still, i both understand, & agree w her.
Spentc bulk of session bitchin - er, discussin sleep issues. I seem to be onna 24 to 36 or48hr cycle. I'll be up for afull day (24hrs), then either sleep for only 2 - 4 hrs, or 'twilite sleep' for a full day (rince & repeat). Or, be up for close to 2 days b4 'sleeping'. Its wreckin havoc w my so called 'life'. This is theworst its ever been. I have very lil energy when awake (current heat wave not helpin). Appitite still next to non existant (on the far side).
She vgets how disruptive this is, how difficult it is to ..... 'do life' or 'be normal' under such circumstances. Esp as my 'sleep' occurs after 7:30am. On 'waking' days, i wake between 4-7pm. (KIM, it takes me aan hr or more to 'get vertical'once awake), so thos biz calls dont get made, appts kept, etc. Told her i couldna recall last time i had intentional human touch, other than storeclerks. (Folx on bus dont count)
Pdoc seems to be more concerned w amount of sleepp rather times, or qual t & i discussed this too.pdoc thinks 4hrs, while not optimal, cycles me thru all stages, so i 'should be ok(ish). <-- my paraphrase. T & i disagree. So, need to resched w pdoc, discuss what t & i think &....?
He dinna like me bein onna benzo for sleep, & i doubt he'll 'scribe it for me again. I understand why - benzos & opiates is a potenially leathal combo. Otoh, I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!! I want 'normal' sleep!!!

T also mentioned that my pcp clinic has another location that offers wellness serices in conjunction w my 'untouched' comment. Need referral from primary, so need an appt w her, where im sureim laggin on sum other followup issues.......

House is a pooppile (literally) - litterbox, & rottin food needs dealin w - if itever cools down enuff to move...
Wish i could take pillow & sleep on grass outside my door... pretty suremngmnt wouldna approve.

Whole thing is infuriating - tada lists, ideas, plans, etc all kinda on hold, or 'undoable' until slep resolves.

Ty, {{{friends!!}}} For yer kindness & support
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
reisha

Post by reisha »

Ug.
Well, lets see.... i got 4hrs sleep from 5 to 9 this morn. Tried to get more - nogo. Did sum breathwork, & tried relaxation techs, & discovered that it they make my left leg (the 1 w neuropathy) cramp realy badly. Harumph! So, whats the workaround for cthat, huh?
Kinda grumpy - think cuza slep shit, & this mf&@&@&!%$+*@,'c,bntj heatwave we've been the last 3 daze - waaaaay TooEarly in the season for such high temps - high 90s here, where it *should* be mid 70s to low 80s. Today sposta be 20° lower - i think not, judgin from my sweaty self, & the thermomitor (currently @ 82!)

Todays goals:
Litterbox/trash
Cool bath/shower (rince & repeat as needed, w this heat!)
Biz calls ( drs, & helpers - yes, still laggin on that one - dunno, or kinda know. What my hangup w gettin help in here is all about...)
* maybe* sum kitchen work (but i doubt it, cuz 1/2 my order from joanns fabric came today, so that box'll be wantin openin soon - i can hear it callin already)

Tnx 4 readin!
{{{Alla us!!!}}}
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi reisha,

The sleep cycle you’re describing sounds really difficult to live with and even know how to approach it! I sure hope something evens out a bit more.

Poor sleep/a wacky sleep schedule combined with high heat is a doozy for me. I think any grumpiness you feel you may have would be very justified.

Good luck with all the goals today and it’s awesome to see a fun one on the list also. :-)

Couragetoday
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Ah that sounds hard, reisha! Especially when it's hot, that just seems to put an edge on everything. (I find I don't want to move, have to go outside, etc.) And then sleep being erratic even a little bit leaves me all cranky, so no wonder at grumpiness.

Good luck with doing the things, and working on sleep matters so you feel a bit better! I'll be cheering you on from over here. :) Sometimes I think we're just doing what we need for a little, bizarre as it might look on the outside. Somehow letting the thing that's happening carry on for a bit, then wrapping it up with kindness can help.

Sending you a whole bundle of caring, and cool airs and night-time breezes. Hope it gets a bit better for you soon, reisha!
reisha

Post by reisha »

Oh, ty, courage, dancing

Made my dr calls. Infuriating, as it goezs to main office, not my clinic, & m.o. dunna have any avail appts for either my pdoc or pcp, so has sent msg to clinic to call me, so. That was 20 minnits of seminonproductive bs. But im still checkin it offa my list, so there! Thiiiiiipht!

Courage, i dinna even catch that id put a fun thing in, lol. (& yano im gona play craft rather than deal w kitchen, lol!)

Df, yeah - ive been tellin mice elf that im 'goin thru' a thing w this sleep bs; its not workin very well, lol. Im better at ... bein gentle w me on many other things im goin thru, or dealin w. I agree w ya that on alotta things, doin whats rite for me iswhatim doin & gonna keep on doin, regardless. W my psyche team, i often end up on floor, rolon around, flat, stretchin. Wish i could do that on the bus, lol!

Anyway, the yukky task of poop & trash still awaits - i *should* do that b4 throwin self in tub, but im hot, sweaty, annoyed ( either as opposed to, or in addition to bein grumpy), so, under the 'doin whats rite for me'principle, bath (& book, which has bout 100 pgs left) 1st!

Have i told y'all lately how important y'all are to me?
Well, ya ARE!!!
<smooches>
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
there

Post by there »

reisha,
hope the bath and book are cooling to body and spirit. That sounds so good, I'm thinking of copying your plan!
It's important to keep comfortable in steamy weather. Poop and trash might be less annoying after your chill time.

fabric purchase is intriguing. What might you be creating next?
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

There - my order came/is commin in multiple shipments (grr). 1st came the new pro fabric scissors. While ive neded em for a while, atm, dont really have anything to cut. Tday, the full spectrum lite came. Ssched'd for NEXT fri is the new pair of embroidery scissors & all the thread ( the thread is what i really need!).
Long ago, i was gonna make a watercolor quilt. Had mosta the fabric cut, kinda set aside once my sew machine got stolen outta my car, back when i hadda car. Then, w flood... sumhow fabfic survived, but patterns, book, etc lost. So, decided to use the squares in a kinda abstract - think i mentioned b4, i have a ratty old tourquoise hoodie. Im gonna do a peacock on back & mermaids on ffront panels, inthe watercolor technique. Have old tie dye skirts that im using for the cuffs & hood, batik & other pretties for the main bodies of the hoodie. But i have no thread! Ordered a 24 spool multipack of colors, which should get methru this project, & allow for a few more, maybe even suma the leather ufos (unfinished objects) on my shelves, but its not 'leather thread', so will test on one project, then see if i need to use heavier thread. Its so frustratin, havin ... sum, but not ala my larts together that i need! Dependin on flutterby farts, can send me into a mini, or major tailspin.

Sproinkalicious has 'graduated' to 'phase 2' of trainnin. (Since shes a yearlin now). The 1sr yr was mostly just puttin harness & leash on ner, & letin her trail it behind her (or not) as she goes outside to floss her teeth on the grass. It was gettin her used to both the harness & leash, aswell as explorin her yard. Mostly, sshe just chews on the variousgrasses. Just in the last month or so has she started to actually wander round thegarden sum. So, we're startin actual trainnin - walkin on leash, etc. Its lots of .... walkin w her, standin round while she flosses, gentle pullin her afew steps, then she'll freely walk afew steps, then more gentle pullin, rinse & repeat. She's ... kinda timid bout newthings at 1st, but a quick learner, & once shes 'got it', she ownsit.
She zlso had ner 1st 'bath'!. Durin my cool bath,i scooped her up, held herclose, slowly let her butt 'slip' until i could stand herin the water. She did really well! Dinna really spaz at all. Kindafreaked a lil at1st, but i just keptholdin her & talkin to her. She wasmore curious than afraid. & im so grateful shetrustsme enuff to defer to my calmin voice. I dont ever wanna betray that trust.

Gooey-oooie-gumdrops dunna need a harness, nust a leash, & i rarely walk her,shewalks herself, lol!

Still workin on gettin allthe'yuk' outta the house; clinic called & appts made; found helper list (buthavna called anyone). Atleast we're back to ' near normal' temps!

Love2 all
Thnx 4 readin
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Reisha,

I love reading about your passion for your craft and art projects.
I too wish you could get all the supplies you needed just by clicking your heels! And a nice big dedicated spot to lay everything out as you’d like, while we’re at it.

I’ve never tried walking a cat on a leash but it sounds like you have it down to an art form. A year is a long time and I’m thinking it would take a lot of patience to Work with cats that way?
Your love for your kitties is so heartwarming. I love how you said that you don’t ever want to betray the trust Your kitties have for you.

Really hope the heat keeps easing off. I imagine that would make things more bearable.

Hope you have a really nice weekend.

Couragetoday